AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring Distances and Coming Up As Zero [AutoCAD for MAC]

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kmarmstrong
263 Views, 2 Replies

Measuring Distances and Coming Up As Zero [AutoCAD for MAC]

Hey all. I'm using the DIST command to measure simple distances and when the distance gets small enough, it registers as zero. So I don't actually know how long that line is, for example. Is there some setting to switch so distance measures fractions or??? Thanks in advance.

@kmarmstrong 

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia. Original: Measuring Distances and Coming Up As Zero

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: kmarmstrong

Hi @kmarmstrong ,

I think you need to change units precision in the drawing:

- use menu Format -> Units... (UNITS command) to open Drawing Units window

- set the required precision here:

2023-01-21_09-54-47.png

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 3

Hello, @kmarmstrong I just accepted your post's answer as a solution, knowing that it's an appropriate answer that will save other users time. If this is not correct, please reply to my post so I can unmark the solution so you can continue the discussion in the thread. In that case, post more information on your request. No action is required if the answer was really helpful to you. In the future, you may also click the "Solution" button when appropriate so that other users can benefit from this information. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report