AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

input problem in autocad 2015

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
519 Views, 11 Replies

input problem in autocad 2015

Hi all!

I'm having problem when using autocad 2015. My ex-version is 2007, and when i draw, i can input command anytime and anywhere in drawing field. But when i upgrade on 2015, its not available anymore because i have to move cursor in to command line pallete to text commands. that is so inconvenience. Hope you all can help me!

Thanks a lot!

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi and Welcome to AutoDesk Forum,

>>  i can input command anytime and anywhere in drawing field. <<

still autocad and all versions have the same behavior.when you finish your commands or press Esc button to finish any operation;command line will be ready to take any new CAD command.since you work with old CAD version(2007) it will be useful to have a look INPUTSEARCHOPTIONS command to see the new features presented while working with autocad (see attached image) 

inp.png

Good Luck...

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Thank for reply sir. what i mean is that have to move the cursor right onto the command line dialogue box( the black box in the image i post here) to text command. this doesn't like 2007 version which i can input commands no matter where the cursor is.Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 3.34.09 PM.png

Message 4 of 12
imadHabash

try to press keyboard Esc button then just start any command without mouse movement and tell us what happened?

Message 5 of 12
neaton

With DYNPROMPT and DYNMODE set to 1 the command line moves next to the cursor. Does this change the behavior?

DYNPROMPT.png

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank for reply sir. what i mean is that have to move the cursor right onto the command line dialogue box( the black box in the image i post here) to text command. this doesn't like 2007 version which i can input commands no matter where the cursor is.

Message 6 of 12
pendean

Dock your commandline, like in R2007, and your problem should go away https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/AutoC...
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks "pendean" for your reply, and i'm so sorry for forget to tell you all that i'm using cad on Mac. It is so confusing because everything so different to Window. And back to your solution, that command line box can not anchored anywhere on drawing field( on mac ofcourse). I think that we are getting the right way and i have to find out how to dock it on( cause at the moment, the command box seem like not a part of drawing field, it is floating).

Message 8 of 12
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous,

What macOS do you have on your Mac? If it is Sierra, than - have you installed all updates to AutoCAD 2015, including the last one - Update 4?
About Command window docking: you can dock it to the bottom of the screen by dragging it to the bottom of the screen until you see blue line on the lower border of display. When you release the mouse, Command window will be docked.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks Maxim_k. my Mac is El capitan 15 inch. i already did that behaviour but there is nothing happen . My problem is, i think, that the command window can't be turned to be a part of drawing window! it just like a  plugin window( that weird thinking happen in my mind now)

Message 10 of 12
maxim_k

>>>the command window can't be turned to be a part of drawing window

Yes, this is a feature of AutoCAD for Mac User Interface.
Strange thing is that AutoCAD doesn't "feel" keyboard input when mouse is out of the Command window. It should accept keyboard input whenever the mouse is inside drawing window or above the Command window.
Maybe you accidentally move mouse over one of the palettes (Layers, Properties, etc.) when you are trying to input commands from the keyboard?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank Maxim, " AutoCAD doesn't "feel" keyboard input when mouse is out of the Command window", this is exactly what i mean( i'm from Vietnam, then my english is so bad 🙂 ) . So you mean this is a Autocad feature in Mac, and we can't change it, do you? so dissapointed if this is true, it is so complicate when you have to move the cursor, your eyes, and hand everytime you need a new command! Thanks for your help!

Message 12 of 12
maxim_k

No, it is not a feature of AutoCAD for Mac. You should be able to use command line input when the mouse is inside drawing area and not only over the command window.
Do you have Dynamic input enabled?
Do you have the issue with the input from the beginning, after AutoCAD installation?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost