AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot edit anything in an already existing drawing of a house plan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hamzabizri
1476 Views, 8 Replies

I cannot edit anything in an already existing drawing of a house plan

I am a new Autocad user and I opened this already complete drawing of a house plan in the software. When I tried editing it, such as moving, erasing, or selecting items, I could not do it. I could not select any item that was already on the drawing, whether it was the furniture or the walls or anything else.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 12.22.20 AM.png

However, when I pressed "command + A" in order to select all the objects on the drawing, only the frame around the drawing or the house plan would be selected. This meant that I could only move the entire plan as a whole.

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 12.23.15 AM.png

I could however add items from the "Blocks in current drawing" tab to the drawing, which can be selected and moved around, but I still cannot move the present items or "blocks" already there. None of the layers are locked. Can anyone please help, as it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 3 of 9
hamzabizri
in reply to: qnologi

I appreciate your reply, but I do not really understand it. Thanks for clarifying. 

Message 4 of 9
qnologi
in reply to: hamzabizri
Message 5 of 9
hamzabizri
in reply to: qnologi

This did not work, as I still cannot select the individual blocks. Thank you.

Message 6 of 9
imadHabash

i think that you can not select any items because you're working from paper space layout . either you get back for model space OR pick inside you VP and start work . 

Capture.PNG

Message 7 of 9
qnologi
Message 8 of 9
vinodkl

Hi,

You are not able to edit anything because you are in Paperspace. Type in the command "MODEL" which would take you to model space wherein you can edit the drawing.

And I would recommend you to go through a few basic things about AutoCAD modelspace and paperspace.

https://learn.thesourcecad.com/courses/autocad-2018-course/lectures/2919205 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 9
pendean

Are you taking any classes yet? I recommend you do, this is a complex program.

Double-click right here inside your viewport to enter the viewport to move/edit stuff

Capture.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost