AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Attached PDF printed with black background but shows correctly, WHY???

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jbaishi
23173 Views, 9 Replies

HELP! Attached PDF printed with black background but shows correctly, WHY???

Hi, I'm about killing myself for this problem...

I'm using Autocad 2018 on MAC Mojave, everything was going fine until I installed Adobe Acrobat X and updated my printer's firmware (espon xp900). I uninstalled Acrobat but it doesn't help and I don't think it's a printer problem...

When I "insert a PDF underlay", it's shown with a transparente background, that's great I can see every line clearly, but when I print a layout with this attached PDF (plot: dwg to pdf), the preview shows correctly but prints always with a black background, just as shown in my model space. My only solution for this moment is to save my plotted PDF file as jpg, then print it. 

IMG_7797.JPG

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

I tried to trun off the "adjust colors for background" option, my pdf shows with it's original white background in my model space, but prints still black.

Does anybody know how to fix this??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
beyoungjr
in reply to: jbaishi

Have a look at the transparency setting (on/off) for your pdf.  Also look at your plot setting for transparency.

Hope this helps,

Blaine

Blaine Young
Senior Engineering Technician, US Army

Message 3 of 10
jbaishi
in reply to: beyoungjr

Hi, thanks for your reply, Yes I checked the transparency setting everywhere, there's non problem.

Message 4 of 10
ian.mag

Hey @jbaishi,

Try the BACKGROUNDPLOT system variable set to 2

Message 5 of 10
ChicagoLooper

From Adobe Acrobat, open the Pdf then go to File>Export>Image>jpeg (your version of Acrobat may vary, the key is to turn the Pdf into a jpeg/tif/png.). Back in your dwg, attach the jpeg instead of the Pdf. You can turn the 'white' areas of the jpeg transparent by selecting the jpeg then modifying 'transparency' in the Properties Palette. You will need to tell Cad what color you wish to be transparent using your mouse. In properties palette, click transparency>select jpeg>click an area of white. When you click on a white area of the jpeg, Cad considers it to be a sample swatch of the color you want transparent. Check 'plot transparency' in the plot dialog window to get the right effect when you go to plot.

Chicagolooper
Message 6 of 10
wei503

Can you share the PDF underlay file?

Wei Ma
AutoCAD for Mac QA Manager

Message 7 of 10
maxim_k

Hi Jiao,

>>>>>the preview shows correctly

If preview shows correctly and underlay in PDF is correct, then I think the case is in the printer software installed on your Mac.
Have you checked if Epson have printer drivers compatible with Mojave?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 8 of 10
jbaishi
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi, yes I contacted my Epson technique support, finally they told Le to try to update my adobe PDF software. I installed the lateste version and now it’s resoved: to print correctly I have to open the autoCAD  generated PDF with adobe acrobat but not with « Preview » . 

Conclusion: that’s not an AutoCAD issu at all 🙂  

Message 9 of 10
jbaishi
in reply to: ian.mag

Hi, I tried this, finally it’s a printer - PDF software compatibility probleme. 

Thanks for your help! 

Message 10 of 10
jbaishi
in reply to: wei503

Hi, The PDF filés fine, finally it’s a printer - PDF software compatibility probleme. 

Thanks for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost