AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

get autocad 2021 for mac working on new M1 mac

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
viktor.hjalmarsson
17254 Views, 5 Replies

get autocad 2021 for mac working on new M1 mac

Hi, i have a problem of geting the authorisation for opening the autocad app 2021 for mac. It pops up a windoe saing im not authorised to open this application, get in contact with your administrator. I´ve been in contact with mac support and we have rebooted the mac(big sur 11.0.1) with full authorisation going beyond the protections of the new mac, but it still shows the same message. I was in contact with autodesk yesterday but they just forwarded me to a page on their helpsite, witch was explaining that i should do what i already had tried out. 

Anybody familliar with this problem? is it autocad 2021 what is not updated to the new mac M1, witch was what mac support thought, or is it some problem with me as a not so experienced computer user... 🙂

I have to get this working in three days... 

Thankful for suggestions..

PerViktor 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi @viktor.hjalmarsson 

AutoCAD for Mac is not compatible with new M1 Mac.

Please, look here:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/compatibility-new-macbook-m1-chip/m-p/9877531#M...

>>>I have to get this working in three days... 

I'm not sure that your problem will be solved in a couple of days.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6

thanks to the forum I got it working☺️ yesterday! I found a post with an update for Mac, installed that, and it needed some Rosita download. after downloading that it could not proceed with the installation because I had to first have the Mac version of auto cad installed, so then when I again tried it worked as no problem...! so relieved and happy that these forums are, with people dedicated to the usage of these programs and who wants to help and share their knowledge.

I feel more and more that the experts on supports are just forwarding me and are not dedicated to help. The responsibility lays on the individual to find the ways. Sad but glad that you are!

Message 4 of 6

Hi Viktor can you help me find the update you mentioned? could you post a link here?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 6

Hi Ermanno!

I have tried to find the update I used, but I don't know where I found it. Sorry I didn't have mind to realize that I should save the link for others in same need.. But I found this update: autocad-for-mac-20211-update.html from this question: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autocad-2021-doesn-t-install-on-mac-big-sur/m-...

I hope it can help you with your problem..

Best wishes

PerViktor

Message 6 of 6

Thanks Viktor!
Much appreciated.
Ermanno

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost