AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exit block editor - no saving option

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
6149 Views, 6 Replies

exit block editor - no saving option

Hello!

I've been using Autocad for Mac for a while now, and I keep runing into this same issue I can't solve:

After I create a block, when I want to edit it, I double click on it. The block editor window opens, but I don't have the "save block / save block as" little palette, so I can't exit the block editor, exiting means I exit the file itself. 

That way, I can't edit any of my blocks and I have to keep creating them from scratch - very annoying...

Any of you may have run into this same problem, or knows how to fix it?

Thanks,

Noa.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, Noa,

Do you mean, that you can't see this palette:

2043i80309EF827AAC5EF

I so, try reinstall AutoCAD.

As temporary workaround you can exit from Block Editor with BCLOSE command, or save changes in block with BSAVE command.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks!

Since it's a student product, I on't know if I can reinstall it. I'll use your workaround, thank you.

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Hi,

I think you do not have to worry about reinstalling the program. When you remove the program via a standard uninstallation, license information is stored on your computer any way.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

If sort of have the same issue so i thought i post it here instead of making a new topic.

When i make a block, and then edit the block later on. the "block saving window" as described above is missing, so i have to save the document and than quit it to get out of the block editor. It doesnt happen all the time but about 50% of the time.

(see attachement)

The funny thing is that when i CAN save the block after editting, i return to model space and than the "block saving window" is just staying there, without any blocks that are being edited. It also doesnt happen all the time but about 50% of the time.

(see attachement)

Is uninstallation the trick or is there more ?

Message 6 of 7
maxim_k

Hi, before reinstalling, you can try:

1. Reset Palettes from Window menu,

2. Reset Application options from Application tab of AutoCAD preferences.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Thx maxim!

But sadly both options didnt work, and i had to reset all toolbars etc. so time consuming and to bad, not working Smiley Sad

Its not the biggest problem to cmd-Q everytime to exit the block editor but it would be nice if there would be a fix in the next patch. I also experience some problems with zooming out in model space, it gets stuck so i have to [zoom]+[all] about every few minuts. but thats a whole other problem

Thx in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report