AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing very slow - XREFs and datalinks used

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
GKPByDesign
581 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing very slow - XREFs and datalinks used

I have a file in which I can not do any work at the moment, because it is so slow to work within. If I click within a view port there is a wait of over 1 minute, and it constantly zooms to extents when UCSFOLLOW is already set to 0. Even trying the bind my XREFS and removing the datalinks, doesn't seem to change the slowness, I can't attach the file due to its sensitive nature. I also have full AutoCAD for windows, so I have got the ability to trouble shoot on that, but I don't know where to start. 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: GKPByDesign

Hi @GKPByDesign,

What AutoCAD for Mac version are you using?
If it is 2020, then look at Recent blocks tab of "Blocks" palette. Are there blocks in it? If yes, then try to remove them (right-click -> Clear all). Do you see delays now?

>>>> it constantly zooms to extents when UCSFOLLOW is already set to 0
When it zoom to extents? Can you elaborate? Describe your steps please.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
GKPByDesign
in reply to: maxim_k

After investigating, I can seem I have two rouge datalinks that are in my model, but I cannot see them or delete them, I spotted these through my full AutoCAD, im using 2020 yes, both Mac and windows. Any ideas how I can forcforcully delete these as (dictremove (namedobjdict) "ACAD_DATALINK") is not working! as I can't seem the files at all in my model space! 

Message 4 of 11
GKPByDesign

forcing removal of the datalinks, still didn't fix the slow drawing.

I have this hierarchy

The drawing im working on is xrefing a drawing that also contains another xref and 3 datalinks. This seems a pretty way to set the drawing up, but something is not work! I have changed computers dn tried moving from Mac to windows, any suggestions? 

Message 5 of 11
maxim_k

You have not answered my questions (except AutoCAD for Mac version).
And I have another one: do you have slowness in this file on both platforms - Mac and PC?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 11
GKPByDesign

The table/datalinks will not appear in recent blocks, but I have cleared this none the less. Delays happen in both versions, and I have moved the entire drawing elsewhere and still very slow. 

Message 7 of 11
maxim_k

Where Xrefs stored? On local drive or on network drive? If the latter, then the case could be in network connection. Do you have problems with other drawings of the same type?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 11
GKPByDesign

All local, and just on the third drawing in the chain only, hence why I think its something with the linked files

Message 9 of 11
maxim_k

Without having at hand all drawings from this set it is very difficult to diagnose the problem.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 11
GKPByDesign

I have found two datalinks in my model, however they are no where to be seen in the model or paper space, they are now unlinked, but I cannot detach, any suggestions ? 

Message 11 of 11
maxim_k

Have you tried this:

https://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?78139-remove-data-link-from-drawing&p=854780&viewfull=1#post8...

"Run the DICTEDIT command, select the ACAD_DATALINK dictionary in the left list. Select the DATALINK item in the List of Items (right-bottom). Click the Delete Item button. It will ask you a "Are you sure" question - just so you don't accidentally erase something you didn't want. If the link is used in a table - it will again ask if you also want to delete the table(s). If you answer No to any of the 2 questions nothing will be done.

I've also "wrapped" the entire command in an undo group, so if you decide it's a stuff-up you can simply undo to restore the data links and / or tables as before."

I attached an archive with DICTEDIT, because downloads from augi.com don't work.

EDIT:

You need to run attached AutoLISP in AC for Windows, it won't work on Mac.

Put DictEdit.DCL from archive to AutoCAD support files search path.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report