AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does AutoCAD / Revit run smoothly on Apple´s M1-chip computers ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
finn-pelle.held
1328 Views, 2 Replies

Does AutoCAD / Revit run smoothly on Apple´s M1-chip computers ?

Hey,

I was thinking about buying a new MacBook Pro with the new Apple M1 chip. I am using it for work purposes and use AutoCAD as well as Revit. I have read a few reviews on the internet but can't seem to find reliable information on the topic. Some say it runs all good while others claim that it has a lot of bugs and shuts down unexpectedly. 

Apparently the new M1 chip has some difficulties running AutoDesk programms and the Rosetta 2 program causes some delays. I would like to get some opinion on how reliable the Autodesk programs run on the new Apple M1  Chip.

Many thanks for the answers.

Kind regards,

Finn 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: finn-pelle.held

REVIT is a WindowsOS only program boss: if you can run Windows10Pro on that mac you are good to go.

your AutoCAD question is asked and answered daily, browse the forum your post is in now and see for yourself https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/

Message 3 of 3
maxim_k
in reply to: finn-pelle.held

Hi Finn,

@finn-pelle.held 

You can use native AutoCAD for Mac on Mac with M1 chip and it runs the same way as in Intel Mac, no differences at all.

On a Mac with an M1 chip, you can only run Revit on Windows 11 (ARM) inside a Parallels Desktop virtual machine, but keep in mind that ARM version of Windows 11 available only as Insider Preview and nobody makes any guarantees....

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report