AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimension text height when zooming

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
NYSmokepipe
193 Views, 3 Replies

Dimension text height when zooming

Is there a way to set up dimensions so that when zooming in they are still readable? I'd like the text to be large when I zoom in so that I can see what I'm working with. I've tried the annotation visibility and the add scale options without success. When I zoom in, the scale of the viewport changes and so the dimensions get very small. This makes it very difficult to work on small details. Sometimes, a small adjustment with the middle roller wheel on my mouse will make them large, but that isn't consistent.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: NYSmokepipe

No, that's not a thing in AutoCAD, unless you give up on all annotative TEXT and dimension styles all the time, aka go old school, then suffer through manually changing those styles every time you have a viewport scale change.

Why not work in modelspace instead? Or go inside the viewport's modelspace using VPMAX command?
Message 3 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: NYSmokepipe

Hi @NYSmokepipe ,

If you put dimensions in Model space - work in Model, use Layout only when you need to setup sheet for printing.

Otherwise - don't use annotative dimensions.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 4 of 4
JEFFJW9BB
in reply to: pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report