AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting multiple layouts

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
m_skully
5916 Views, 10 Replies

Deleting multiple layouts

Hello all. 

I'm looking for some help regarding layouts in CAD for Mac.  I was using 2014 and the same issue is happening on 2015LT.

Is there a way to select multiple layouts and delete them all at once.  It seems I can only delete one at a time which seems completely ridiculous.  There has to be some way to delete multiple layout pages in a drawing without having to go through deleting each one at a time right? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: m_skully

Hi,

In AutoCAD for Mac you can delete only one Layout at a time - this is "by design".

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
m_skully
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

Let me start out by saying thank you for the response and I appreciate the help you have provided me by providing responses to others.

Is there a work around?  How do you know this is by design?  If this is by design, don' t you think that this is a huge hinderance?  Are you aware of any fixes?

Message 4 of 11
maxim_k

>>>>How do you know this is by design?
Because there is no way to delete multiple Layouts in AutoCAD for Mac via command line or in Quick View Drawings window.

>>>>If this is by design, don' t you think that this is a huge hindrance?
Yes, I think it is a huge hindrance

>>>>Are you aware of any fixes?
No

>>>>Is there a work around?
Only in full AutoCAD - maybe it is possible to create AutoLISP routine, but without Visual Lisp functions (they are not available in AC for Mac) it is not a trivial task.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
m_skully

Thanks Maxim.  This seems like a HUGE miss and for what I do, I can't accept it.  Looks like I will be moving my installation over to Windows soon. 

I've left Autodesk feedback regarding this.

Message 6 of 11
info

It is absolutely rediculous indeed. 
Used to have windows computer to work on. Now I switched to Mac and Autodesk tells me that the CAD version on MAC is an incomplete version of the windows version. No idea why, but as you are saying I consider going (back) to windows soon. Also because of Revit which works only on windows... 

Message 7 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: info

Hi Steven,

The ability to delete multiple Layouts at a once was added to AutoCAD for Mac in 2017 version - almost 3 years ago.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 11
m_skully
in reply to: info

To add to Maxim's reply, yes you can delete multiple layouts now but not the same way as you do with windows by using the layout tabs below.  Instead, there is a another window you open that displays all your layouts (sorry... can't remember what it is called at the moment).  You can select and delete the layouts there.

Message 9 of 11
maxim_k

>>>>there is a another window you open that displays all your layouts (sorry... can't remember what it is called at the moment)
It is QUICKVIEW command:
https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDMAC/2018/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-E74231E6-96B6-4EF5-AA28-4AC76D24...

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Just figured it out. On Mac, type Layouts And look for Quick View next to your curser. You can delete multiple layouts this way!

Message 11 of 11
ts152

thanks, I was just looking how to do this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report