AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extraction Unknown Command

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
ciara.murnane
1800 Views, 12 Replies

Data Extraction Unknown Command

Hi there!

Thank in advance for any help!

I recently started having to learn how to use the data extraction wizard for a project in work. After discovering that it wasn't possible in AutoCad LT the company upgraded me to the full version of 2019. Last week the data extract command worked. I did a few tests firstly on the 2017 version on my personal computer and then on the 2019 once I was upgraded. Now the command appears to have vanished from my 2019 version (I haven't been home to check on my computer). When I type it in it just says unknown command. Why would this be happening and how can I rectify it?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

@ciara.murnane wrote:

When I type it in it just says unknown command.

What exactly do you type?

Did you try to use the button shown in the attaxched pic?

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
natasha.l
in reply to: ciara.murnane

Hello @ciara.murnane

The dataextraction command should be working fine unless the command has been corrupted some how like the incorrect Support folder path is set in the CUI, wrong partial customization file ACAD.cuix was loaded or you are missing .arx files. Can you verify if this is the case? 

Are you experiencing issues with other commands? Please test several other commands, you may have had a bad download & install. Try again with these steps

If it is isolated to this command. Please conduct the following steps one at a time to test the root cause of the issue:
  1. Ensure that all available AutoCAD updates are installed (see: Where to get Product Updates, Add-ons, and Enhancements).
  2. Fix missing support paths.
    1. Enter OPTIONS on the command line and press Enter, or click Options under the Application menu.
    2. Click on the Files tab.
    3. Expand the Support File Search Paths entry.
    4. If the following path is not present, add it:
      • C:\Program files\Autodesk\<product>\support\<language>
      • Note: This is normally listed right after C:\Program files\Autodesk\<product>\support. Be sure to edit this path for your version of AutoCAD and for the correct language. For example, the last folder should be de-DE for German, en-US for American English, etc.
    5. Click OK on the Options window.
  3. Reset the CUI (see How to reset the CUIx in AutoCAD).
  4. Reset AutoCAD to defaults (see How to reset AutoCAD to defaults).
Additionally, for all AutoCAD products except AutoCAD LT, Check ObjectARX loading:
  1. Enter OPTIONS on the command line and press Enter, or click Options under the Application menu.
  2. Click on the Open and Save tab.
  3. Change Demand load ObjectARX apps to Object Detect & Command Invoke

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 13
pendean

Are you sure you just did not start LT back up again?
Message 5 of 13
nikm42Q9N

Data extraction is in LT its just not as fancy . 

In full autocad are you using the command EATTEXT?

Message 6 of 13

What worked before was simply "dataextraction", I've tried "eattext" but that doest seem to be allowing me to start a new extraction. I don't have the button as indicated in your picture, I'm on a mac setup and have had a look in toolbars, I did have it in my 2017 windows version. I have a feeling an uninstall and reinstall might be the way to go but I am just curious as to how this has happened

Message 7 of 13

@ciara.murnane wrote:

What worked before was simply "dataextraction", ...

>> Ok. I wanted to be sure that you didn't type with a spelling error <<

I've tried "eattext" but that doest seem to be allowing me to start a new extraction.

>> What means "doesn't seem to be allowing ..."? What exactly happens? <<

I have a feeling an uninstall and reinstall might be the way to go

>> Before this I'd try a Repair Installation. Only if this doesn't help a new installation can be an advisable solution<<

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
nikm42Q9N

so from what my buddy just told me, data extraction on the mac is kind of lacking. It does not have the "wizard" but simply the old school method of attribute extraction (making a template file in notepad) and the command seems to be -attext. again this is all command line no dialog boxes.

Message 9 of 13
pendean
in reply to: nikm42Q9N

For future reference/needs the MAC forum is over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/4051

Message 10 of 13
ciara.murnane
in reply to: pendean

I uninstalled it so no

Message 11 of 13
ciara.murnane
in reply to: nikm42Q9N

Yeah that seems to be the case, I must have used a previous extraction I did on my PC as the template when I did it on the mac and forgot about it. Thats highly annoying that theres no wizard for mac! 

Message 12 of 13
ciara.murnane
in reply to: natasha.l

A lot of these options don't seem to work for mac or are labeled differently enough on the program that I can't find them to utilise them

Message 13 of 13
natasha.l

Hello @ciara.murnane

Just in case other community members stumble upon this. The detailed information on how to use data extraction on AutoCAD for Mac can be found here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost