AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor lags only with external mouse

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jiri.kar
837 Views, 5 Replies

Cursor lags only with external mouse

Hey. 

Running Autocad LT on MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018). MacOS Monterey latest update. Autocad LT 2022 latest update.

When drawing a file, cursor constantly getting slower and slower with amount of data growing in file, but ONLY with external mouse (Razer Viper Mini - cable plugged into USBC reduction). If I try to work with macbook touchpad all is fluent. It didnt happen with LT 2021. I dont do massive files, its rather basic stuff, nothing that should be too complicated for computing, no underlayers etc. Just lines.

Tried turning off all the commands I found on the forum, nothing helped. Didnt have chance to try with other mouse.

Anyone having the same problem? I have a suspicion it could be caused by the mouse. Razer doesnt have any official software for mac.

Thanks

Labels (5)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: jiri.kar

Hi @jiri.kar ,

To start: to rule out a problem with the mouse, I would definitely try another mouse.

If you create a new empty drawing at a time when there is mouse slowdown in a drawing with big amount of data - do you see the same slowdown in this new drawing?

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
jiri.kar
in reply to: maxim_k

Hey, thanks for reply. I can confirm its a problem with the mouse, I tried old Razer diamondback which I usually use when working and there is no issue. I have plugged both mice at the same time, old one is fine, viper mini lags. I cant comprehend why are even mice getting so complicated these days…… Any idea what to do apart of buying another mouse?
Thanks
Message 4 of 6
maxim_k

>>>>Any idea what to do apart of buying another mouse?

Sorry, no idea.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 6
jiri.kar

Hey, so after a while I figured it out:

Razer does not provide a SW for their mouses for lates macos. But theres a open source program called Razer macOS, which you can download. This program allows you to setup LED lights, but also DPI and Polling rate. I found out that from some reason in Autocad LT, the higher the polling rate you setup the worse performance from the cursor you get. So if you set up Polling rate in Razer macOS app to 125 or similar (lowest) the performance of the cursor gets way better.

Hope it helps.

J

Message 6 of 6
Willjoe2442

If the mouse works fine on another device, but you see mouse lag on your Windows 10 computer, then you know the issue is with your computer, not the mouse. Try plugging the mouse into another USB port. Preferably, if you were plugged into a USB 3.0 port on your computer, try changing to a USB 2.0 port.

Regards,

Will

***THE POST HAS BEEN EDITED: THE TIPS ARE NOT RELEVANT TO AUTOCAD FOR MAC USERS***

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report