AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2017 for MAC hanging or disappearing from screen

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rickmac2001
751 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2017 for MAC hanging or disappearing from screen

Operating system:  OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

System: iMac 27" with 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

3.5 GHz Intel Core i7

NVidia GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

AutoCAD 2017 LT for MAC

Problem:  Once I have a drawing open and save it once, the side menu becomes inoperative and when clicking on it, my AutoCAD disappears from the screen, no error message, nothing. When I try to re-open it from the task bar, nothing happens, but it appears to be running. Force closure of the application and a reboot is now my only solution. Once rebooted and logged back in, I can reopen the application and it tells me it has a file to recover. Trying to click anywhere in the left menu bar causes the system to hang and disappear from the screen. Top menu works OK.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rkmcswain
in reply to: rickmac2001

Can you better define "side menu"?
Maybe post a screenshot?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 8
rickmac2001

Rick MacDonald
"I'd rather be camping...."

email: rickm@rickmac.ca
web: <>www.rickmac.ca
Message 4 of 8
rickmac2001
in reply to: rkmcswain

Sorry, I should have called it the toolset, not side menu.

Message 5 of 8
maxim_k

Hi Rick,

According to the reports here on the Forum 2017 version is not stable on Yosemite.
At first try to install all updates for Mac OS, if any. If you have all updates for Yosemite installed, than it appears you need to upgrade OS to Sierra or to El Capitan.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 8
rickmac2001
in reply to: maxim_k

Thanks,

I may have to look at downgrading my subscription then, as I have a couple of other issues. I use Parallels also to be able to run Windows 7, plus I have a couple of other programs that may give me grief if I upgrade. I think my primary issue is I use a Promise Pegasus2 External 8 TB storage unit, the software of which may not be compatible with Sierra. Now I need to start some more intense investigation.

Thanks again for your advice.

Message 7 of 8
rickmac2001

Thank you sir. I spent the morning getting all my software and drivers, etc. upgraded, and then installed OSX 10.12 (Sierra). Now everything seems to work just fine. Thanks again.

Message 8 of 8
Tom_Janus

On the new Mac with touchbar & Sierra 10.12.2

Everytime I close a drawing, wether I made any changes or not, Acad Mac 2017 crashes or freezes and then have to Force Quit the program.  I figured with the latest everything I stood a better chance.  Guess not !

--TJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost