AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2017 for Mac

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
john.vellek
2894 Views, 13 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2017 for Mac

The 2017 versions of AutoCAD for Mac are now available!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: john.vellek

The new AutoCAD 2017 for Mac and AutoCAD LT 2017 for Mac are now available for download on your account page.

Look under AutoCAD for Mac to get the 2017 version and look under AutoCAD LT to find the AutoCAD LT 2017 for Mac.Capture.PNG

If you aren’t yet a subscription customer, you can download free 30-day trials AutoCAD LT - AutoCAD to see if the applications fit your workflow.

Here are the system requirements. Make sure that if you are running Apple MacOS Yosemite, that you get the latest updates from the Apple Store.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 3 of 14
suzydalrymple

I've got the update loaded and working but it's slow and crashes when saving drawings.  OS is updated and I'm waiting for Autodesk updates to fix this problem before I move over to using this version.  Otherwise I like the updates and look forward to using it.  

Message 4 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: suzydalrymple

Hi @suzydalrymple,

What Mac hardware do you have this installed on? If you create a new user account and logon with it does AutoCAD still have issues with crashing?

John Vellek

Message 5 of 14
suzydalrymple

I’m not sure how to do that. The website is rather confusing to me.
Message 6 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @suzydalrymple,

To find the information on your Mac, go to the Apple in the top left of your display and select "About this Mac"

To create a new user account, go to the Apple icon again and then select System Preferences. A window opens where you can select Users and Groups.

Use that icon to create a new user account (administrator permissions) and then log off your current account, log on using the new account and then test your AutoCAD.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 14
suzydalrymple

Thank you. I know how to find the information about my computer which is why I told you that it was compliant with the requirements. What you weren’t clear about was that the “new user” was to be created on the computer and not in Autodesk. That was the hiccup.

Yes. It is working now, but does that mean that I must always use it on the second user account or is there a problem using the new version alongside the older one?
Message 8 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @suzydalrymple,

I don't see where you told me anything about your Mac. I wanted to see which graphics card you have and how much RAM you have installed.

Regardless, it appears that there is some corruption in the original user account. If it were my computer I would move all my data to the new account and use that one only.  There is no issue having multiple versions installed concurrently (I have three versions on my Mac).

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 14
suzydalrymple

What is the easiest way to move the data over to the new account?
Message 10 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @suzydalrymple,

Not really an AutoCAD question but I would start here or here.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 14
suzydalrymple

Thanks John. I have to apologize. I thought that I had sent the info regarding “about this mac” to you, but it appears that I didn’t.
Message 12 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @suzydalrymple,

Not a problem - I am glad that this appears to work properly for you now.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 14
suzydalrymple

I’m afraid that moving all of my documents and settings to another user account seems a bit drastic.
Message 14 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @suzydalrymple,

This usually only takes a few minutes if you are organized and will let AutoCAD play nicely for you.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost