AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Finger Gesture Zooming Rather Than Panning

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
431 Views, 10 Replies

2 Finger Gesture Zooming Rather Than Panning

I have scoured the forums about this issue and every one keeps saying its solved. Though every solution is either restart the computer or upgrade to the latest update. I have a MacBook Pro Late 2013 model running MacOS High Sierra and AutoCAD for Mac 2018 with the latest update. I am still getting this issue. Restarting the computer or the application sometimes does temporarily fix it, other times it doesn't. 

This is extremely annoying as I will be in the middle of working on something and i'll change to another program then come back and it flips to zooming instead of panning. I am not doing the pinching gesture only the dragging gesture. Holding space bar doesn't change much besides now in addition to zooming it is ever so slightly panning.

Is there a permanent fix for this issue?

Cheers,

Todd

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Todd,

I never had such issue during my long time experience with AutoCAD for Mac, so I cannot advice you anything other then relaunching AutoCAD or restarting your Mac.
Maybe someone from the development team can answer your question.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue.  I have this exact configuration at home so tomorrow I will bring in the mac and do some testing.  I have never had this happen to me as I usually use a mouse for CAD or Photo editing and such.  I only use my trackpad for light duty stuff such as browsing and email, etc.

I assume that you are experiencing this on the built-in trackpad.

I see some cases that have been logged on the Windows side that sound similar so hopefully I can duplicate this and get it to the team for them to examine.  If you are aware of any special steps to reproduce that would be helpful.  Or, if you can get it to happen, please record the action in a Screencast.

Thanks for your patience on this issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this for me as it is getting quite frustrating.

Today I updated my software to the latest 2018 build, which seems to have had no effect. It just happened again and I was able to take a screencast of the bug which I have attached. The first part is the 2 finger drag gesture resulting in zooming and the second is holding spacebar which had no effect and it was still zooming rather than panning. As you can see it is panning ever so slightly however it shouldn't be zooming. I am definitely not pinching or expanding my fingers.

Cheers,

Todd

Screencast will be displayed here after you click Post.

7c47833d-8736-481c-9d2a-af54462cf557

Message 5 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you attach your Screencast video as a link?  The one you embedded didn't come through for some reason. I would like to get this issue moving forward for you and the video will certainly help as I am still unable to get this to happen on my Mac

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Message 7 of 11
maxim_k

What if you use 2 finger gesture with Option (Alt) key pressed?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

That does result in panning rather than zooming.

Cheers,

Todd

Message 9 of 11
maxim_k

Then, for some reason, the gestures are reverted....

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 11
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am still playing with this on my Mac and have not figured out how to return the functionality to normal for you in AutoCAD. I assume that is the only application that is showing this behavior.  Have you considered trying a reset of your AutoCAD?

John Vellek

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Yeah this is the only program that is doing this. I was experiencing the issues on AutoCAD for Mac 2016 and now even after completely uninstalling that and transferring to 2018 I still have that issue so resetting the AutoCAD i believe would have no effect.

Thanks for trying to help, it is quite annoying to have to restart the program each time to reset it back to normal.

Cheers,

Todd Edwards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report