cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Footprints

Multiple Footprints

it would be nice to be able to use a tagged componet for multiple footprints. for example i have footprints for relays in a subpanel view, but would like to use the same realys for a different footprint for in the subpanel detail showing wire numberrs for the associated pins. 

i know i could just show the wire numbers in the subpanel drawing and then exref the subpanel, but i do not want the wire numbers in the subpanel view to keep from being to cluttered. 

5 Comments
rhesusminus
Mentor

Or even both front and side/top view of some components 🙂

I want this 🙂

Icemanau
Mentor

I use both a closeup 'Door' view and a overall view and have to show the correct footprints on both.

Then there are the rear views of the door showing the wiring information.

Being limited to only ONE footprint makes it a lot harder, especially when the rear view of a component is radically different from the front view.

Regards Brad

miles.nicholson
Advocate

You can use a footprint and a wiring diagram view. AE will still mark that the item has been placed but it is a workaround for the issue 

mathalekar
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for your suggestion. We have included your idea in our list for future considration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also do the close up of door devices, and would greatly appreciate that functionality. I also need some way to reference devices in conduit drawings. Current methods all have flaws.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report