cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Decimal Quantities

BOM Decimal Quantities

This request is to add the capability for reports to calculate quanties with decimal values not just whole numbers.

For example, DIN rail is ordered in 36" lengths as standard for a purchased quantity of 1. If only 18" is used in drawing the user would enter a quantity value of 0.5 in the Count field. Currently this value is reported in the Sub category as 0. If a decimal value greater than 1 is entered, only the whole number is reported in the Sub category.

All partial values would then be totaled for the final quantitiy, maybe with options to display decimal total or round up to next whole number.

2 Comments
ccad2509
Advisor

yes sorts agree

you also need pack quantity as well i.e

din rail comes in 2m lengths but in packs of 3

200m of din rail at the end of a project is not a good way to keep your costs down especialy if its something relatively expensive you end up with a bucket off

you know the next line

already exists in othe ecad products i wont boar you with how far behind again is acade because its the norm

testsubject
Advisor

I just use the count for the length (in inches or centimeters) and fill in the Unit with what it is. This works just fine for adding up all the dinrail/wireway. I do have to round up to the nearest unit when entering but that is not hard to do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta