cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmaps for Insert Ladder, Fan-In/Fan-Out, Multiple Bus, etc. missing

Bitmaps for Insert Ladder, Fan-In/Fan-Out, Multiple Bus, etc. missing

This is an an old issue and there is a work-around, but it continues to throw a wrench into the works for new customers.  

When we move our Icon Menu data files and slide libraries to a network folder and we set a redirect in the wd.env file to look for slide library files in the network folder, the software loses its connection to the bitmaps in the AcadE folder, thus the images for the Insert Ladder, Fan-In/Fan-Out, Multiple Bus, etc. dialogs are missing.

WD.ENV file set to look for slide lib files in alternate location.jpg

Bitmaps missing from Fan-In Fan-Out dialog.jpg

Bitmaps missing from Insert Ladder dialog.jpg

Bitmaps missing from Multiple Bus dialog.jpg

3 Comments
dshood
Advocate

You may want to check and make sure that all your slide library support ".dll" Files are also in the same directory that your ".slb" files are.

Seems to me I had this problem once to and that is how I fixed it.

Dave

Hi Dave!  It's great to hear from you.  Yes, if you move the Icon Menus to the network you must also move the .SLB, .DLL files that provide the images for those menus.  But this issue is slightly different, due to a flaw in the software.  The files I am referring to are the bitmaps that populate the dialogs for Fan-in, Fan-out, Insert Ladder, Multiple Bus, etc. 

The bitmaps for the Fan-in, Fan-out, Insert Ladder, etc. dialogs are stored at C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 201x\Acade.  But if we remove the asterisk for the line I highlighted above in the WD.ENV file, and we redirect the software to a network folder, the software starts looking for the Fan-in, Fan-out, Insert Ladder, etc. bitmaps in the same location where the icon menu files are stored, thus files that aren't even related to the Icon Menus must also be moved to the network folder.  It is a weird bug.

ben.smithGNBRC
Community Visitor

This fix did not work for me, I have no bitmaps in the specified folder.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost