AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revision value and assigned date

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
kani_mca
977 Views, 10 Replies

revision value and assigned date

can we get highest revision value and assigned date of particular drawing in autocad electrical?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
rhesusminus
in reply to: kani_mca

There is no standard functionality in AcadE when it comes to revisions. So to do this, you'll have to find the title block manually (via code) and search for the revision attributes there.

Then Your code can decide what's the newset revision.

IF the user revisies the whole project at a time, and not specific drawings, this information MIGHT be in the project descriptions.

If so, you can use code to read this information from the WDP-file.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 11
rhesusminus

You can always program in LISP. Then you can get much data from lisp functions like (c:wd_proj_wdp_data)

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 11
kani_mca
in reply to: rhesusminus

where is WDP File Present in Autocad Eletrical?

Message 5 of 11
rhesusminus

In the folder for the active project. Type (ace_getactiveproject) at the command line in AcadE to see what the active project file is.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 6 of 11
kani_mca

I Typed (ace_getactiveproject) at the command line,It showed Unknown Command..

how can i access WDP File? Is WDP  a block?

Message 7 of 11
rhesusminus

As (ace_getactiveproject) is a lisp-expression, "unknown command" isn't what I'd expect.

Try again?

The WDP-file is AutoCAD Electrical project file, located as a file, normally amongst the drawing (DWG) files.

It's a text-file that contains the projects settings and infomartion bout what drawings that are a part of the project. 

Open it with notepad to have a look.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 11
kani_mca

From That WDP File how can i get Revision value?

Message 9 of 11
rhesusminus

If someone has written the revision into the projects DESCRIPTIONS, you'll be able to see the here.

But not all people use revisions for the whole project, and it might not be the right place to search....

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 10 of 11
kani_mca

ok got it,but actually i want to get revision value of individual drawing from Active Project?

Can we get?

Message 11 of 11
rhesusminus

That all depends in the title block. IF the imformation is there, you'll be able to read it from the correct attribute in the title block.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost