AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XREF Size

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
313 Views, 8 Replies

XREF Size

Hello, Please if someone can help on this. when I use source and destination the size of the XREF comes in different between? XREF of source Width Factor 1, and XREF Destination Width Factor is 0.8. Knowing that on my DWGs of both are set to 0.8. Thank you.Capture.PNG

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Could it be that the version av the destination signal symbol in the drawing is the problem?
If you run a "Block Swap/Update", will that fix it?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

No, I already tried this option. 

Thanks 

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

Can you post the drawing with the signal symbol in them?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Here is one of the drawings. 

Message 6 of 9
rhesusminus

In the block editor, the width factor is 0.8 for the definition:

2017-04-25_17-56-37.png

So, something goes wrong before AutoCAD Electrical tries to do something with the block.

Are you sure you're getting the correct block when inserting the signal in a new drawing?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 9
rhesusminus

When you run the Update BLock function, do you check the "Retain old block scale" ? Try to uncheck it...

I'm able to do an Update Block and change the width factor.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you. I forgot to uncheck it the first time. But, is there a way to find out why is it coming with Width factor of 1 instead of 0.8?

Message 9 of 9
rhesusminus

Well, in the drawing it is 0.8. Why it is 0.8 there, while 1 in the external block/dwg is anyones guess.
It might have been cgange one place or the other, but was still "wrong" in the drawing. Maybe even the template file.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost