AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wire sequence batch rebuild

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
richter
320 Views, 4 Replies

Wire sequence batch rebuild

Hello guys,

is there a way to rebuild all wire sequences according to Project Settings without using Edit Wire Sequence on all networks? We need to rebuild whole project according to Left to Right setting in Project Settings.

Thank you for any help!

2017-03-17_1210.png

Martin Richter

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: richter

Hi Martin.

If you've set that order in the project settings, just make sure you're not overriding that setting in any of the drawing properties:

2017-03-17_12-56-22.png

Do you have a lot of edited wire sequences in your project that you want to remove?

Running a AEREBUILDDB command and checking the "Include wire connection processing" should rebuild the project database's wiring order.

2017-03-17_13-09-26.png

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
richter
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hi Trond!

Thank you for the answer. Actually I tried your workflow, I set Drawing Properties to No Override, applied project defaults to drawing (Left to Right), rebuilt the database, but the wires are still going the wrong way. What I need to remake is, that every wire in the project / drawing goes in the order from left to right. After the steps I mentioned I still get following order:

2017-03-17_1501.png

Do you have any idea how to do it for the whole drawing / project?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: richter

It says "left to right, moving down", so what you see here is correct. The connection point on the right is higher (have a great Y value) than the connection point on the left. Do, the connection will start there.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
richter
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks, your answer cleared it for me. I set the project settings to Top to bottom, moving right and after database rebuild it is ok.

Have a nice weekend!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost