AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Bill of Material from Excel sheet

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
anki_pandu
765 Views, 2 Replies

Updating Bill of Material from Excel sheet

Hello All,

I am currently working on creating a Bill of Material for my drawings using AutoCAD Electrical 2015. I want to edit a few descriptions. I save the BOM in an excel sheet. Can I edit the Bill of Materials in the excel sheet and import it back into my drawing? Is there any other way that I can use.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
gclark
in reply to: anki_pandu

The BOM report is built from the Catalog Access database, you should be updating the descriptions in there. 

You could export your report, edit it in excel and then delete the report and attach the excel file as an external reference but any subsequent changes in electrical that would alter the BOM of the project wouldnt be captured (unless you manually do it to the excel file) without running the report, and re-working the report in excel as you have done.

Further if you are updating the descriptions in the Catalog Access Database you will never have to do it again...  

Message 3 of 3
anki_pandu
in reply to: anki_pandu

Thanks for the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost