AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at address 74D812Fh

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
brossball
12329 Views, 7 Replies

Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at address 74D812Fh

I am running Acad 2014 Electrical and sharing the Icon menu with 2 other computers.

When accessing the Icon menu (inserting a component) we all receive the following error, "Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at address 74D812Fh".

After acknowledging the error and retry accessing the Icon menu, the menu comes up completely blanked out.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
scott.a.green
in reply to: brossball

@brossball,

I've seen this code for both AutoCAD Electrical and AutoCAD Map 3D but the causes are quite different. In Electrical - remove any special characters from the path to your project folder, such as apostrophes.

Additionally, it may be necessary to resave your drawing to update its project properties. Save the DWG file to your local hard drive and then copy it into your project folder. When prompted, choose to use the project's default settings.

Please let me know if that helps, mark as "Accept as Solution" if that seems to fix the issue. 

Cheers, 

-Scott

First Name Last Name or First Name.Last Initial
Public Facing Job Title
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 3 of 8
scott.a.green
in reply to: brossball

@brossball,

Did my suggestions help you to resolve the issue? Please let me know if you need any further assistance and please mark the post as "accept as solution" if my suggestions resolved your Fatal Error. 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 4 of 8
brossball
in reply to: scott.a.green

Yes that fixed the problem. Thank you for the help.
Message 5 of 8
barbeer26

I have a similar exception,

Unhandled exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at address 6DFB3FB8H

when attempting to place a component in an AutoCad Electrical 2014 project.  It doesn't seem to affect any other projects (or at least happen when I launch them first to place a component.  I've checked the file name and, other than commas (,) and dash (-), there are no other special characters.  I have other projects saved with those two special characters and they don't have the same problem.  Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Regards,

Ron

Message 6 of 8
scott.a.green
in reply to: barbeer26

@barbeer26

Did you try the second half of my suggestion:

"Additionally, it may be necessary to resave your drawing to update its project properties. Save the DWG file to your local hard drive and then copy it into your project folder. When prompted, choose to use the project's default settings."

See if that helps. It's usually either this or the issue with special characters. 

Thanks, 

-Scott 

Public Facing Job Title
Message 7 of 8
barbeer26

scott.a.green;

Thanks for the reply.  I apologize for not reading further down through your answer.

I attempted your second solution by doing as SAVEAS to a local folder and copying the 'new' file back into the original directory over the previous.  When I launch the file from the project manager tab, it does not give a prompt to use the project's default setting.  When using AECOMPONENT, it gives me the same exception.

I attempted your first solution by renaming the project to "Test.wdp" and opening it under the project manager tab.  After opening the non-reference drawing and using command AECOMPONENT, I again get the same exception.  This error is only one this one particular project;  I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Regards,

Ron

EDIT:

Scott,

After looking more closely at the .wdp file for the project, I noticed that the file pointer for the wd_menu.dat and component library somehow changed to what is probably a default position for Autocad.  After changing them to the correct directory, the exception no longer occurs.  I would say this problem is solved but I do not know how this directory changed as I always copy a previous .wdp file to use on new projects before I load them.  If it occurs again, I will update this thread.  Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Ron

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

I have Installed Acad 2020. Facing this error code. Please resolve this issue.

Unhandled Exception E06D7363 (e06d7363h) at address 4c55a839h

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost