AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Swap/Update Problem with revision data/attribute data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DontBelieveMeJustWatch
415 Views, 4 Replies

Title Block Swap/Update Problem with revision data/attribute data

I am trying to use the swap block replacement. Both blocks have identical attribute names. The data is moved to the new block except the revision in the title block is somehow being copied to all but the very bottom/lowest revision of the new block. For instance, if the title block says revision 7 and the revision block has 5 revisions (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), after the swap block revision numbers 2-5 will have the number 7 instead of 2-5. The revision itself is the only data that isn't correct. All other data for the revs is correct.

A second issue that I'm having is the text color and size for the drawing title is changing as a result of the block swap.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

A real quick question first off which will allow us to help you better...

What release of ACADE are you using?

Including this information in your questions will lead to quicker answers as each release of ACADE has some major differences from the prior releases.

To track down a problem or to answer a How-To question requires us to know which release we should be looking at and as much other information as possible (workflow which causes the problem as an example).

Now for your problem...

First of all, double check the two blocks and make sure that the new block is using the same Scale, Font, Text Style, Layer and Colours for the attributes that are having problems as in the original block. Differences in any of those could be causing the changes you listed.

As for the Revision attributes not updating properly, can you post a Zip file containing both versions of the title block so we can double check things.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Sorry for the delayed response.

AcadE version is 2016.

For the process, I perform the following steps:

>schematic

>Swap block/update block

>Option B>Update Block

>Use same attributes

>ok and select my block (contains title block and rev block and border)

>select directory

>retain old block scale

>retain old attribute loations

>Yes, copy all, old to new

>active drawing

There also seems to be an issue with some of the other attribute data copying over. You will see it when you do the swap. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

Hi there,

Just a quick thought.  It looks like a new title block was created with just a different size.  If that is true could it be that the attribute was copied but not renamed?  As in the REV1 was copied up to the REV2 cell but it is still named REV1?  The other thought is that if it is just the size being changed could you open the original drawing, use SCALE to stretch it to the size graphics you want, reposition attributes for the position you want and save it as a new drawing.  That will keep all the settings of the original title block and save you a lot of detective work.  Use that new drawing for the update just as you have been.  Just a thought.

Good Luck

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 5 of 5

I'm heading to a conference, so I will try this in a couple of weeks when I return. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost