AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title Block Not updating

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
gborsosRKDDR
727 Views, 18 Replies

Title Block Not updating

Using ACADE 2024 on windows 10 pro.

Trying to setup a Project Template for everyone to use.

Created a title block with attributes and with the base drawing open, went through the title block setup wizard.

I linked my attributes using the wd_tb method.

Saved the title block drawing.

Created a new drawing, inserted my title block and saved the drawing as a dwt.

Started a new drawing in my project.  Used my template for the drawing.

Entered values for the drawing properties.  But they won't populate my title block.

When I perform a TB Update, it looks fine to me.  See below, from the command line.

What am I doing wrong?

----------

Title Block Edit
Searching BLOCK table for attibute "WD_TB". . . Found. Title block=TitleBlock
Updated DWGNO: --> E00000-00
Updated SHTMAX: --> 01
TITLE (no change)
WHEREUSED (no change)
Updated DWGNO: E00000-00 -->
DRAWN (no change)
DATE (no change)
CHECK (no change)
CADSYS (no change)
Updated SHTMAX: 01 -->
SCALE (no change)
Command:

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Looks like its updating from nothing to something then back to nothing for DWGNO and SHTMAX.

Have you got these referenced twice in your wdt file?

are those with no change blank?

jamesmcmillanNYR6A_0-1702021922388.png

Message 3 of 19

Yes. Those with No Change are blank. I'm testing this before implementing.
I see what you're saying now. But when I go through the title block setup again, it does not change the WD_TB attribute in my title block.
I had to update that manually and remove the duplicates.
But thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 19

sorry, did you get it to work?

Message 5 of 19
gborsosRKDDR
in reply to: gborsosRKDDR

Yes.  But I had to manually update the WD_TB attribute in my title block.  Even after going through the Setup again.

Message 6 of 19
gborsosRKDDR

Actually, NO.  Only some of it.  I can't remove the Drawing Values from the title block setup.  They keep coming back.

See attached

Message 7 of 19

sorry I'm not so familiar with the WD_TB attribute method. when you say they keep coming back, are you trying to change them to none? can you change them to something else?

Message 8 of 19

I can not change to none. And no other selections appear in the pull down now.
Is there a text file I can change?
Message 9 of 19

I think the wdt file is another method but autocad looks for the wd_TB block first and if it can't find it reverts to wdt

jamesmcmillanNYR6A_0-1702048972765.png

i think the file can be default.wdt and may reside in a support directory

Message 10 of 19
Message 11 of 19
gborsosRKDDR

I have but thought it would be easier to share using WD_TB, if we all start with the same template.

Message 12 of 19

your probably not wrong, have you tried deleting / purging your wd_tb attribute definition and creating new?

Message 13 of 19

jamesmcmillanNYR6A_0-1702049942637.png

you are following this rule?

Message 14 of 19
gborsosRKDDR

I have purge. But now every time I re-insert my title block, WD_TB gets placed back in.  How do I stop that from happening?  aka. Cancel/remove the title block setup.

Message 15 of 19

one of two things,

the wd_tb is in your base drawing, so you keep inserting it

or you need to purge the title block block after deleting it on your drawing

Message 16 of 19
gborsosRKDDR

Did all that.

Message 17 of 19
jseefdrumr

So, the WD_TB attribute isn't getting placed back in, it's embedded in the title block. It's just always been there. Every time you insert that title block, WD_TB will come with it.

If you need that attribute gone, you have to remove it from the source file the title block was made from. Note that since this title block was inserted into a template file as a block, you'll need to use the BEDIT command to remove it from there as well, or use AESWAPBLOCK to change out the old title block (that has a WD_TB attribute) for the new one (which has had WD_TB removed), while inside the template file.

Now, with all that said, after re-reading your post, I'm actually not sure that anyone is seeing this correctly. As I understand it, this is a summary of what happened:

1. you created a title block using WD_TB

2. you started a project

3. you created a new drawing in that project

4. you then filled out all your project and drawing properties

5. you didn't see any of that information reflected in your title block until you ran the title block update command

Is all that correct? If so, the software performed as expected and there is no problem here. Title blocks don't update on-the-fly, ALL title block updates are manually initiated. The sole exception is, if you already have your project and drawing properties set before creating a new drawing in the project, the new drawing will open up with those attributes populated. Test that by creating a second new drawing in your test project. After it opens, all the attributes should be populated, no TB update required.

If my summary isn't correct, can you show us where I got it wrong so we can take a deeper dive into this and see what's going on?

And, if all else fails, you can always post a copy of your template file for us to look at.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 18 of 19
gborsosRKDDR

I understand the format of the WD_TB attribute now.  I originally had some of my attributes assigned to both Project and Drawing properties.  That's why they were not showing up.  I would populate one but the other would overwrite it.

I think I'm good now.

Message 19 of 19
jseefdrumr

Good to hear. Post back if the fix doesn't hold.

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report