AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminal numbers/strip ID different in drawings and reports.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Terminal numbers/strip ID different in drawings and reports.

Question: I have a project and I am trying to verify and keep up with terminal blocks, duplicates and the like.

When I am in a drawing for example, and I have in the drawing:

Terminals

G1-1

G1-2

G1-3

G1-4

LG1-5

LG1-6

LG1-7

LG1-8

totally separate terminal strips G1 and LG1, when I run my report for that same drawing I get

G1-1
G1-2
G1-3
G1-4

G1-5
G1-6
LG1-7
LG1-8

Some of the numbers in the drawing, and more specifically the Strip-ID don't seem to be meshing with what's produced in the report.

As well it is not all of them, some are ok.

Drawings have been copied, transferred and whatever else so the exact cause of this I don't know. As well this is a project that several people can work in at one time so I don't know if that's a factor either.

I want to get the report stuff straight however for the eventual case where I will have to print out some kind of terminal report, plan, whatever.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

A real quick question first off which will allow us to help you better...

What release of ACADE are you using?

Including this information in your questions will lead to quicker answers as each release of ACADE has some major differences from the prior releases.

To track down a problem or to answer a How-To question requires us to know which release we should be looking at and as much other information as possible (workflow which causes the problem as an example).

How are you getting the report on the terminals?

Have you rebuilt the Project Database?

Have you tried doing a DWG Audit (located at Projects->Reports-Drawing Audit) on the affected dwgs?

Did you check the affected terminals in the schematics to see if they are actually G or LG?

When the dwgs were copied, was the ACADE copy used or was it copied in windows and then added to the project?

If the dwg was added to the project, HOW was it added?

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost