AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table font changing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
11080 Views, 7 Replies

Table font changing

I am running into an issue with an existing drawing with a table.  The table was locked so I unlocked the entire table so I can add a couple of rows.  When I edit an existing cell the font changes to something that looks different.  In the properties everything looks the same but something is different.  I attached screenshots of the cells and the properties.  Thanks in advance!TABLE FONT ISSUE.pngTABLE FONT ISSUE_2.pngTABLE FONT ISSUE_3.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

If you have a look in the "Contents" in the properties, maybe it specifies what font to be used in each text string? Difficult to say based on the screenshots.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

I tried having a value of 35 in both cells but it is still saying the contents *VARIES*.  I attached another screenshot below to help figure this out.  Please let  know if there is any more information I can provide.  Thanks!

me kTABLE FONT ISSUE_4.png

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus

Select ONE cell at a tine, and look at contents

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
jseefdrumr
in reply to: rhesusminus

It looks like that table is linked to an excel file that is outside of the drawing. If that's the case, it's displaying the spreadsheet in one font, and your edits are coming in according to the current text style (which is appropriate).

This table doesn't appear to have been created via a report command. When I put a BOM on a drawing with that command, PROPERTIES doesn't indicate any kind of external link.

Can you post a drawing?

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

I uploaded the DWG.  Also below are more screenshots.  I realize I don't have the excel sheet that was originally tied to this drawing.  

TABLE FONT ISSUE_5.pngTABLE FONT ISSUE_6.pngTABLE FONT ISSUE_7.png

Message 7 of 8
jseefdrumr

Well, in your first screen shot, PROPERTIES is reporting an active data link. (see the line where it says 'Cell Data Link - Linked To E...' This implies that the excel file is available to ACAD somewhere, even though in your later screenshots it says 'Not Linked'.

Regardless, you're dealing with an Excel table that has been linked into ACAD. That's why it was locked: ideally, you would go back to that file, make the changes there, and update the link in ACAD. (This isn't normal ACADE workflow, by the way. ACADE-generated tables don't link to anything external.) So, you're faced with getting that file and using the workflow that is already set up, or finding a work around.

In order to work around this:
(Assuming that all you really need to do is match text)
I would create a text style, using the Arial font because that's what's in the table, and then apply it to the text edits you made. You can do that part via PROPERTIES, a workflow you clearly are familiar with. You don't have to make that text style current, just set it up and then make your changes via PROPERTIES

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Yup works perfect!!! Created the new text style and then used Arial Font with 1.0 width and it matches perfect!! Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta