AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol not appearing as shown in the icon menu

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
leon_moult
189 Views, 8 Replies

Symbol not appearing as shown in the icon menu

Good afternoon, 

I have read other threads to figure this out and I have tried to match different libraries but without success. I am using the IEC library and in my icon menu I get the symbols shown (in this case for a CB) as per the IEC library but then when I insert it in the drawing it does not appear as expected. 

Does anybody know why? 

cb.png

lib.png

Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rhesusminus
in reply to: leon_moult

Remove all instances of that block in the drawing. Then purge the blocks in the drawing using the PURGE command.

Try again.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 9
leon_moult

Good afternoon Rhesusminus, 

I have tried to purge all blocks but the components still comes up wrong. When i first choose it from the list for few seconds it appears on the screen as it should but then it changes back to a different library style. I don't know what i am doing wrong here.. 

Message 4 of 9
rhesusminus

Can you attach a screenshot of what you see?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 9
leon_moult

leon_moult_0-1719498932642.png

As you can see the symbol in the icon menu is what i am after but then on the drawing it comes up differently.

Message 6 of 9

If running purge or inserting the symbol on fresh clean drawing is not resolving the problem there could be a problem with the icon menu file. It is displaying the IEC Style icon menu correctly but inserts a NFPA style symbol.
Are you able to run to icon menu wizard (AEMENUWIZ) and browse to the location of the Circuit Breaker Symbol to confirm if it actually referencing the IEC symbols folder?

If you click click browse on Block Name to Insert, It should take you to the iec symbols folder.
You should also try to open vcb1.dwg to see if the block is still correct.

Try opening the IECDEMO project  (usually located in: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Acade 20XX\AeData\Proj) and inserting symbols to a drawing within IECDEMO project to validate if the problem exist only in your project or AutoCAD Electrical.

arshdeepsingh404_0-1719532979212.png

arshdeepsingh404_1-1719532988159.pngarshdeepsingh404_2-1719532994792.png

Arshdeep Singh
Electrical Designer

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn
Message 7 of 9
leon_moult

Good afternoon Arshdeep Singh,

I opened the icon wizard menu and i have everything shown as your screen shot. I tried to open the IEC demo file and trying to insert the CB and it does come up correctly. 

I have managed to insert the right symbol in my own drawing by looking for the vcb1.dwg in the libraries. If i try to insert it from the icon menu still does not come up right. I don't know what else to do considering i am relatively new to autocad but thanks for all the suggestions given!

Message 8 of 9
rhesusminus

In the problematic drawing, run the Purge command. There's a tab for "unpurgeable" items. Is vcb1 listed amongst those blocks? 

If so, select it and see what's locking it to the drawing.

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 9 of 9

Thanks for trying this, This at least verifies that your icon menu file is working correctly and the problem is only within your current drawing or the project.

Like @rhesusminus mentioned, Run the Purge command again see if the symbol is listed under non-purgeable items. We should narrow down 100% that there aren't any other definitions of the same block within your drawing that are not being purged.

If that doesn't work either, Can you please attach the problematic drawing. Thanks!

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report