AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol Edit update

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jbradtke9112
2838 Views, 1 Reply

Symbol Edit update

So I edited a schematic symbol (HT0001) by just moving the attributes to where I wanted them.  I saved the block and saved the symbol and returned to my schematic which already has that symbol used in multiple places.  How do I get the symbol to update without haveing to insert 50 new symbols with the updated information?  I tried update blocks but it converts the symbols into a "dumb" ACAD block instead of a "smart" ACADE symbol.  See screenshot below. 

Thanks

-Jon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

The Update Block utility under Swap/Update should update all instances of HT0001 on your drawings.  I just made lots of use of that utility after a customer decided that they didn't like the location of the TAGSTRIP attribute, after I had already finished the drawings.  Be sure not to select the option to retain old attribute locations or you will not see the attributes move to your newly desired location.  Hint: The location of the attributes in the stock blocks was chosen so the attributes are not in the way when you connect a wire from all 4 directions.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost