AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Destination Description

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
gclark
321 Views, 3 Replies

Source Destination Description

Gentlemen, 

I spend allot of time managing source / destination description text. 

I have two components being modules they are on separate pages and I have to connect the terminals together, for this I have to utilize source / destination but is ACADE capable of filling in the description with the Component:Terminal# as it does with the Terminal Block Report?

This is primarily an issue with Power Distribution pages (as an additional example) where many times I have to take a fuse to a field interfacing TB (which is on a different page) and the field TB is re-sequenced (removing spares, re-arranging the numbering to group noise sensitive components to one side from high noise components for panel cable routing of AC / DC which is only taken into account when finalizing the panel layout). 

The description field appears to treat any text in here as text and doesnt attach to ACADE's parameters such as %V, %H etc. 

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: gclark

Unfortunately there's no way to achieve this using standard AutoCAD Electrical commands. All the info needed is in the project database, so it would be possible to create a tool that does it.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4
zalant
in reply to: rhesusminus

Great idea for the AutoCAD Electrical Idea Station!

Also, the Product Feedback page.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 4
gclark
in reply to: zalant

Since you accepted that there is "no current solution" as a solution for me, and noted it should be on the idea page... did you add it to the idea page?

Please note retaining a manual description is important as well, the description should be concatenated to the built Device:Pin for example a destination / source that is coming from the left would be Device:PIN "Description field" and one coming from the right "Description Field" Device:PIN much like how the default block has a Prefix of From: or To:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost