AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

short circuit analysis

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Michiel.Valcke
711 Views, 1 Reply

short circuit analysis

Hello,

I'm completely new to Electrical. I have figured out that Acad Electrical offers no short circuit analysis options (unless that functionality is very well hidden somewhere).

But I wanted to know if there are any add-ons that you know off that can be combined with Acad Electrical projects or drawings to perform short circuit analysis? Or if you can suggest other software that works well in conjuction with Acad Electrical and that can be used for this purpose.

Thank you very much for your time.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

There is no actual short circuit analysis.  But, the software will not allow more than one source arrow to connect to the same destination.  So, for example, if you have a 24VDC power supply with source arrows for the positive and negative outputs, and you wish to distribute that to multiple destination circuits, the software will alert you if you accidentally tie both the positive and negative source arrows to the same destination.  In an indirect way, it is protecting you from a short circuit. 

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report