AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Component Tag not displaying in 'Schematic List' drop down under panel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dmray
567 Views, 4 Replies

Schematic Component Tag not displaying in 'Schematic List' drop down under panel

Confusing title, I know.  But the situation is this:

I am creating a component (PLC, non-parametric), complete with TAG attribute and all other relevant info.  The issue is, that when I go to insert in my panel layout, I can't see the 'TAGNAME'.  I see the other information (INST/LOC, MAN/CAT/ASSY, DESC 1, 2, 3).  It is the TAG that doesn's show up.  When I force an insert (using the aforementioned component), it doesn't list a TAGNAME, and the component can still be selected (should I choose to do that).

Any thoughts on this?  The component is created properly (OTHER components work properly)

Thanks

Doug

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dougmcalexander
in reply to: dmray

Try changing the TAG attribute to TAG1.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 5

Another thing to check, is whether or not that attribute is set to 'VISIBLE' in the source block for that footprint.

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 4 of 5

That's a good point Jim.  For some reason I thought he meant he couldn't even see the tag in the schematic list.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
dmray
in reply to: dougmcalexander

You are correct.  When I select 'schematic list' as my insertion method, the TAG is not displayed in the selection pop-up, the other stuff is though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost