AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RATING COLUMN IN CATALOG TO ATTRIBUTE

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
yan_ken
826 Views, 3 Replies

RATING COLUMN IN CATALOG TO ATTRIBUTE

Hello,

I was wondering what attribute name in a block that I can have that will pull the RATING value from my catalog (currently using MISC_CAT).

I know you can have custom attribute such as RATING1=#;RATING2=#....... in TEXTVALUE column.

Capture.JPG

I don't know why AutoCAD does seem to allow the provided RATING column in the database to be fed to the a block attribute. Maybe I am wrong.

Thank you,

Ken

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: yan_ken

For the rating to be passed to the block, you need to add a link in the TEXTVALUE entry.

It should be <ATTRIBUTE NAME>=<VALUE REQUIRED>. Multiple entries can be separated by a semi colon (;).

For example RATING1=2A would place 2A in the RATING1 attribute.

The Rating column in the catalogue is to give indication only in the lookup as this could mean different things for different components or cover a range while the rating displayed in the dwg could be a setting.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
yan_ken
in reply to: Icemanau

That's too bad. Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: yan_ken

It's easy to add the text value to the catalogue entry..

1 Edit the component in question, and click on Lookup.

2 Click once on the catalogue entry you require for that component.

3 Now you click on the Edit button up in the top left area, it's the little pencil in front of a cylinder.

4 Next you scroll across the Catalogue until the column called TEXTVALUE appears.

5 If there is nothing in the TEXTVALUE entry for that component, add the rating using the RATING1=<VALUE> I mentioned before.

6 When there is something already there, check that it does NOT include the RATING1 in the entry. Otherwise, place a semicolon (;) at the end and add the entry.

7 Now click on the Green Tick near the top right of the catalogue.

Click on OK to select the entry and move the data to the component.

NOTE - You might have to edit the component again and select another catalogue entry exit and edit again to get the information to transfer properly.

If the data is still not showing, double check that the block for the component actually has the RATING1 attribute and that it is visible.

Of course, this method can be used for just about any attributes in any block. You just need to name the correct attribute in the TEXTVALUE entry.

For example, if a component is almost always going to be used for a specific function, you could set the DESC1 to DESC3 attributes in the catalogue.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost