AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

point to point wiring diagram

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
917 Views, 4 Replies

point to point wiring diagram

hi...

can we prepare point to pint wiring diagram in a Autocad drawing (viewed from back side). i do not mean excel or acces report, i want it in an autocad drawing. As an example if i take a relay, we are gioing wire it from back side, i want to show all terminals in it and wires that connected to other components in a autocad drawing. can we do it?

Roshan

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you can do this with AutoCAD Electrical. When you're done drawing, you can extract data from the drawings, creating reports on what's connected to what and so on.
And.. 1000000000 other things.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thanks

And please kindly explain me how can we do it. (I mean the prodedure of creating that wiring diagram)

Message 4 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, start by going through the tutorials:

2017-09-01_09-27-52.png2017-09-01_09-28-05.png

You can't just go buy yourself a helicopter, and ask someone on a discussion forum to explain how to fly it. There are some basics you need to know first, and then we can help with the details.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 5
jseefdrumr
in reply to: rhesusminus

To sort of echo Trond, this isn't an easy thing to do. Detailing an entire workflow just isn't practical, not unless you give us a starting-off point. How else would we know where to begin?

This forum is largely populated by other users of this software, and as such we all have our daily jobs. No one here minds to help, however we can, when we can, as time allows. We can help you better with some context from your end though.

Also, since it's clear you haven't yet, use your F1 key in ACADE and do a search for 'about point to point'. This would be your essential first step, because until you learn what ACADE can do, you won't know what questions to ask here on the forums.

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost