AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing WD_M.dwg

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
23629 Views, 21 Replies

missing WD_M.dwg

I had a hard disk crash and had to install AutoCAD Electrical 2007 on a new laptop. When I open a new drawing or a drawing that I created with it before and try to do any electrical functions lik "insert component", I get an Alert that says

Special block WD_M" needs to be added to this drawing for full compatibility with the AutoCAD Electrical application software and ustilities. There is a block to check to force this drawings config settings to match the project settings. There is a button to selec that it is OKAY to insert this non-visible block now. When I select the button, it opens a window and indicates that the file was not found and lists the directories it searched.

I have searched my computer, the install CDs, and the internet for a fle of this name that I can copy. I don't know enough about the inner workings to know where this comes from or what exactly it is for.

If I open a demo file that came with 2007, I can use the electrical tools just fine.

Any ideas of how I can recover from this?

I am running Windows 7 and understand it is not supported.... It seems to run ok though other than this issue. Are there clearly problems running it in Windows 7? If so, what about running it in a Virtual XP Mode window?

Thanks for any help.
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
PatMurnen_Adsk
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't really have any guesses on what caused your issue. The image you posted showed some extra slashes in a number of paths.

I would suggest resetting the program to Defaults (Windows Start menu > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Electrical 2016 > Reset Settings to Default. this should take care of settings outside of the project file back to the defaults.

Also, once you have one project set up correctly, anytime you create a new project you can base the settings on that one project. This is an option on the Create New Project dialog box.

Regards,

Pat Murnen

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Following the advice posted in one of the replies, I clicked on the properties of the project I was trying to add a drawing to and found that all of the paths under schematic libraries and panel footprint pointed to “acade 2017” folders. I’m using 2018 so I added paths and browsed for the corresponding folders in the 2018 libraries (and didn’t delete the 2017 paths). I finally got a new drawing without the missing “wd m.dwg error

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta