AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Box Editing In AutoCad Electrical 1

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2619 Views, 6 Replies

Location Box Editing In AutoCad Electrical 1

After I insert Location Box on a drawing its often happens that I need to edit it's shape while proceeding doing the drawing. For example sometimes I need to move one side 5-10mm in the right or left. But I have no opportunity to do this. It is inserted like a block and no editing tools are available. Or maybe I just haven't found them? Please Help!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jseefdrumr
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a command for this in ACADE. It's called 'Stretch PLC' but it works on any block. Just be cautious what you select when using this command. The image shows its location.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Jim Seefeldt
Electrical Engineering Technician

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: jseefdrumr

Yes It's really works! Thanks A lot!!!!!
Message 4 of 7
vladop

Location box is not a block, it's a group of a polyline and text (use GROUP command to create and manipulate ACAD groups).

You can stretch polyline, use grips to change its shape or even use PEDIT to add vertex...

Text is not centred to new shape until something is changed on the location box using Edit Location Box command.

Sometimes polyline and text get ungrouped (e.g. when you copy location box to another drawing).

In this case text is not centred to new shape, so you have to use GROUP command to regroup them.

Regards,

Vladimir

Message 5 of 7
Icemanau

It used to be that you could just click on a side of the location box, grab a grip and adjust.

However that has changed.

I've noticed recently that I have to CTRL-Click on a side to get the grips to adjust the box.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

thank you!

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

On the command line type "pickstyle" and set it to 0.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report