AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large letters in the symbol name plcio ... .dwg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
galashkina
649 Views, 3 Replies

Large letters in the symbol name plcio ... .dwg

I select a component in the Icon Menu by the name of the block.

If the name of the block plcioi23.dwg (small letters), then the component is inserted without errors.

If the name of the PLCIOI23copy.dwg (large letters), then the error message is displayed:

ошибка.png

Only small letters can be in the name of the block plcio ... .dwg?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rhesusminus
in reply to: galashkina

I'm not able to replicate this with CASE, but there's something suspicious here.

I have LISP debug on.

If the sixth character is an I or an O, something goes wrong.

If I use a Q, this is returned on the command line:

OUT:wd_wdmenu_1 sym=PLCIOQ23
IN:wd_sym_do_menu_select
sym to look for=PLCIOQ23

If it's an O, this is returned:

OUT:wd_wdmenu_1 sym=PLCIOO23
IN:wd_sym_do_menu_select
sym to look for=PLCIOO23V

So, it's searching for the symbol PLCIOO23V for some reason.

Seems to me like a bug. A temporary workaround would be to put a dash as the sixth character, PLCIO-I23.dwg.

Are you able to replicate this probvlem @PatMurnen_Adsk ?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 4

I was not able to reproduce any issue with case. And at first I couldn't reproduce the issue with the 6th character as an I or O. I was using the NFPA sample project to try this on and all worked as I expected. But, then I activated the IEC60617DEMO project and it failed as described by Trond. It seems to have something to do with the default ladder orientation in the Drawing Properties. If it is Vertical (default for NFPA) all works fine, if it is horizontal (default for IEC60617DEMO) then it adds the V on to try for a vertical orientation of the symbol.

I will log this. I think Trond's suggestion regarding the symbol's name is the best workaround.

Regards,

Pat

Pat Murnen
Principal Content Developer
Product Development – AutoCAD Product Line Group

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 4

The PLCIO portion of the blockname directs ACE to load the Edit PLC dialog instead of the regular Edit Component dialog. The letters PLCIO are sacred.  After you insert a parametrically-built PLC module, which is made up of individual blocks that the software compiles into one block after the insertion is complete, the software will name this newly compiled block something that begins with PLCIO_.  The characters after the underscore will vary because the software assigns those on the fly, just to make the compiled block unique.  So a parametrically-inserted PLC symbol might have a block name of PLCIO_1E7F.  Knowing this, I have always named my custom PLC modules with a filename that begins with the PLCIO_ prefix.  So I have modules named PLCIO_1794IR8.dwg, PLCIO_1794IB16.dwg, etc.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost