AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert my logo cin Autocad Electrical

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kramiaWH35Q
252 Views, 5 Replies

Insert my logo cin Autocad Electrical

Hi1

I'm working on a template in AutoCAD Electrical "ACAD_ELECTRICAL_IEC" and would like to insert my logo company in the template. My logo company is in JPG and PNG.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lee_kirkup
in reply to: kramiaWH35Q

Open the logo with MS Paint.  Select all and copy to clipboard.

Now switch to the template in AutoCAD and paste with Ctrl+V.

Resize and move as required.

Message 3 of 6
rhesusminus

Inserting the logo as an Ole object (image) as described above MIGHT lead to problems. AutoCAD on Mac won't be able to display it. You really should consider vectorizing your logo into AutoCAD entities instead.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 4 of 6

Hi @rhesusminus 

What is the best way / tool to convert images into AutoCAD entities in your experience?

Regards,

Arshdeep Singh, C.Tech, CMSE®
Electrical Designer & Programmer
LinkedIn
www.blackcontrols.com

Please mark as "Accept Solution" if this resolved your issue. It might help someone else with the same question. Likes are welcome!
Message 5 of 6
lee_kirkup

Adobe Illustrator has a trace function and can then save as a DWG.

But note that not all company logos will convert as expected when you start out with a jpeg.

We have had no issues with the OLE method for client logos.  Literally no one used AutoCAD for MAC so that's a non issue.

Message 6 of 6
rhesusminus

And then we have issues with OLE objects becoming black squares in PDF's and so on every now and then. And we are seeing more and more of Web based viewers, that do not support OLE objects.

Insert an image of the logo, and just trace it with lines/polylines/circles and finally hatches.

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report