AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Wiring Diagrams

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1248 Views, 2 Replies

Field Wiring Diagrams

I have been doing Field Wiring diagrams fro several years now manually.  Is there a way to automate this process within ACADE?  It is very time consuming when done manually.  Mind you, it is much better than having to do the actual wiring because the contract electrician couldn't read the schematic, but it would be nice to have some tools that would automate the process.  Thoughts, suggestions, ideas all welcome.  Thanks in advance!

A bit of explanation of the attached image.  I will use a Layout Tab and view ports to have the terminal blocks viewed.  I then manually draw all of the devices, wires, etc.  It is very dumb and must be updated manually with any changes to the schematics.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Assign a drawing default Location Code, like maybe MP for Main Panel, to all drawings. Insert a Location Box around field devices and circuits and assign a Location Code of FLD. Go to Schematic Reports and generate a From/To List. When the dialog appears with location codes appearing on the left and righthand sides, click MP for the left and FLD for the right. Proceed with generating the from/to report. This report will be filtered to only include wires that leave the main panel and connect to field devices.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
ccad2509
in reply to: Anonymous

you mean something like this ? no automated method to do hook up drawings currently exist

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost