AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External References

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
D.Brohm
617 Views, 7 Replies

External References

Each time I open a drawing, in AcadE 2018, the External References dialog window opens as well which slows down my process.  How do I turn this "feature" off?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: D.Brohm

I'm not able to replicate this, but I've experienced other settings not "sticking" after restart of program.

Do have the latest patch installed? Version 2018.0.2 should be avialiable..

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
D.Brohm
in reply to: rhesusminus

The issue seems to occur only when a drawing with an external reference is attached; ie.: a bitmap or jPeg.  In other drawings without an external reference or drawings that have the external reference path saved in the drawing, this does not occur.

Message 4 of 8
rhesusminus

Still not able to replicate this.

In 2018 there is a new feature that asks you if you want to open the xref palette if a xref is missing... 

Have you seen this dialog? If not, try to reset it from here:

2017-04-26_11-13-48.png

Also, make sure you have the latest patch installed, 2018.0.2!

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
D.Brohm

I am running 2018.0.2 and with further usage/investigation, the issue only happens when I open a drawing from the project manager whether it be through an actual open file command within the PM or by clicking the next or previous arrow.  I can open the same file via the file open command, found in the file menu or quick launch, and everything works as suggested it should.

Message 6 of 8
rhesusminus

If you use the prev./NExt drawing buttons? Does it happen then?

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 7 of 8
sstrecker

I'm having the exact same problem.  I was going to post a new topic and found this one.  I have no use for the External references tab and keep closing it, but it keeps coming back.  When you have a project open and click the PREV/NEXT buttons, the tab pops open and then closes (I have it set to auto-hide). I've even tried turning it off with Tools>Pallets in the menu bar.  This started when I upgraded to 2018.  I'm attaching a screen capture.

Message 8 of 8
shuhn
in reply to: sstrecker

The only way I have found to take care of this for me is to open a drawing by double-clicking on it.  Then there is an actual window that pops up asking what you want to do.   I chose to Ignore Unresolved References, and check the box to always ignore.  Seems to have cleared it right up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost