AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Numbers & Sections

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
1089 Views, 10 Replies

Drawing Numbers & Sections

I would like to have my project setup in sections A thru Z. Section A is Reference, B is Layout, C is 480 Wiring, D, is 240 Wiring, G is PLC wiring, etc...

I would like each section to begin numbering at sheet 1, A1 thru 3, B1, C1 thru 5, G1 thru 10 etc...

Is there a way to set this up in ACADE?

Currently, my project is numbered 1 thru 50 and the sections are in order. However, I have spare (blank) pages within each section. If I could get each section to start numbering at 1, then I could eliminate my spare pages.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I would also like to be able include the section number %A in my source and desitnation markers if it comes from a different section than the section that I am currently in.

Any help would be appreciated.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

In ACE2007: To renumber the sheets you can use "project-wide update/retag" under project. There you'll find on the left "sheet (%S value)". Check if something else need updating. Then ok and select all the drawings of 1 section. Repeat all this for every section. It doesn't rename the drawing, it just changes the %S value.

For the second question: I don't think there's a solution for this. The section number either always included or not included. I was also looking for something similar for the location code but so far no solution. For now I just put it in the description manually.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

I understand what you are saying, however, I cannot get it to work the way I would like it to. I would like the sheet number to also include the section number.

For example, I have section A and B in a drawing. Section A Sheet 1 would have a sheet number of A01. Sheet 2, A02. etc... Section B Sheet 1 would be sheet number B01 and so on and so forth.

I want to have each section start over at sheet 1 again. I can do this manually, but I would like to be able to automate it.

Same thing with the source / destination signals.

thanks
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I don't know a way to get the section in the %S value. Maybe it's possible with a custom lisp.
But if it's just to show it in the title block in 1 attribute there's another solution. For example name the section B and the sheet 1 and when putting it in the title block join the 2 together like B1 in one attribute. If it's this you want let me know.

Sven Kloeck
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Getting into the title block is not an issue, I can get it there because I have the section letter in the filename of the drawing. What I am having trouble with is getting the section letter into the Signal To/From signal reference.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Anyone else got a solution for this?

Sven Kloeck
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

You can define a section and a sub-section for each drawing. This is for the entire drawing. Then you can use these parameters "%A" and "%B" in you cross reference and Signal to/From.
See the attached example:
crossrefcode used = %A-%S/%N
%A = test_Section12 (section)
%S = 12 (page number)
%N = 4C (xy)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Thank you. That will work.

Do you have any ideas on how to get it to show up in the Sheet / Line Number label in the ladder?

How about getting the sheet numbers to start at 1 again for each section?

Thanks.
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Actually, after reading some of the responses and thinking about it a little more, what I actaully want to do is to be able to have the sheet %S variable be 3 characters, start with a letter and then a 2 digit number.

At each change in the letter, the number would start back over a 01.

Thanks for any help.
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Just wondering.
Why don't u number your sheets A01, A02 and B01, B02,
and .....
This way you can also see if you tag your components in the panel to which section they belong, no need for the %A parameter etc.....
By using the reorder you can get in this case section G in between A and B for example.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report