AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collaborative projects - PLC database

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
slavik.kharatyan4QMRB
253 Views, 6 Replies

Collaborative projects - PLC database

Hi I am interesting in setting up collaborative projects.  So the Libraries and ICON menus that I have on my computer, I want to put out on the share drive.  Such that some of my colleagues see the same symbols and so on that I do. 

How can I do the same with the PLC database.

Also, is there anyway to do tag replacement for PLC tag?  For IEC, I would look to follow the standard and have these modules labeled "KF" automatically when they come in .

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Start with reading this document:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...
Ask if something is unclear!

For the PLC tagging, you can try this:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/201...

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 7

Hi for PLC tagging that method doesn't work.  For other components it does, but not for PLC.  So The only way to do it, is manually from what I gather.

Message 4 of 7

Or change it in the PLC database for the parametric PLC's

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 7

2017-03-16_18-18-26.png

Trond Hasse Lie
Ctrl Alt El
Message 6 of 7

Yes looked at that as well.  Too many modules though.  But thanks. 

Message 7 of 7

Share the AeData folder over the network and your team will be sharing part number data, PLC data, and the projects themselves, allowing for a collaborative design environment.  There are detailed steps for sharing the data over a network.  You can find them on my web site at www.ECADconsultant.com.  Be sure to follow the instructions very carefully.  AutoCAD Electrical will try to continue to use the local AeData folder, so there is a step that instructs you how to prevent this.  Here is a direct link:  http://www.ecadconsultant.com/tips.html#Networking

If you wish to redefine the TAG prefix for PLC modules, it must be changed for every module in the PLC database.  This is because the process to insert a PLC parametrically is very complex and require that PLC modules be handled separately from other devices.  It is understandable that you might not prefer the prefix PLC, which is the preferred prefix for the American industry, as defined by NFPA-79.  For IEC, the past prefix was A but has since been changed to K or optionally KF.  So if you wish to change all modules in the PLC database at once, use the attached lisp routine.  

First, I highly recommend that you exit AutoCAD Electrical and make a backup copy of your existing PLC database.  Unzip the attached file's contents to your C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\Acade folder.  Type APPLOAD at the command prompt and load find the file named ace_plc_mdb_find_replace.VLX.  Click Load and Close.  Type ace_plc_mdb_find_replace at the command prompt press your Enter key.  You will be warned to make a backup copy of your PLC database.  Type the letters PLC into the Find field and Type the new prefix letters you prefer into the Replace field (i.e. A or K or KF).  Click OK and let the routine run to completion.  Start AutoCAD Electrical and the changes should take affect with the next insertion of a PLC.

Hint: If you have existing PLC modules and would like to change their tag prefix, you can edit them in place and be sure to set the new TAG value to fixed.  There is a button labeled "Options", below the PLC Tag field that allows you to type in a prefix override so that the Retag Components utility will always tag that specific module with your prefix override.  If you have many PLC modules already inserted and do not wish to edit each one individually, you can use the Spreadsheet Export/Import utilities to mass replace PLC tags.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost