AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autimatic Sheet Numbering

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
brent_e_barbour
9204 Views, 7 Replies

Autimatic Sheet Numbering

I'm using a network version of AutoCAD Electrical 2018, version 15.0.50.0.

I setup a title block method 1, <Project> .WDT file.

I set my Drawing Values for "Sheet (%S value)" and "Sheet Maximum" selecting the appropriate attributes on my title block and saved my template file.

When I create a new drawing using that template, the sheet number is only filled in if I put a value in "Sheet:" when creating the drawing.  The "number of sheets" value is automatically generated for each new sheet as I create them, but the previous sheets are not automatically updated.  So I want to create a drawing set that will update if I add or re-sequence drawings.  I create drawing 1 (1of1), 2 (2of2), 3 (3of3), 4 (4of4), 6 (5of5), 7 (6of6), 8 (7of7).  Then I create drawing 5 (5of8) and move it in the right order.  I click on "Update/Retag."  Set "Sheet (%S value)" to "Resequence - Start with 1," check "Title Block Update" and "Setup" with "Sheet (%S value)" checked, and "Sheet maximum" set to 8.  When I run it "Do all," I get 1 (1of1), 2 (2of8), 3 (3of4), 4 (4of8), 5 (5of8), 6 (5of5), 7 (6of6), 8 (7of7).  How come it only updated a few correctly?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TRLitsey
in reply to: brent_e_barbour

Hi there,

Sounds like it should work.  Did you update the active project data base before running the drawing updates?  Just a thought.

Gold luck

Screenshot - 7_17_2017 , 10_41_14 AM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 3 of 8
brent_e_barbour
in reply to: TRLitsey

No.  I'm new at this.  I finished the tutorial book and now I'm trying to modify our template file to utilize the intelligence of AutoCAD Electrical.  I didn't know anything about refreshing the database, so I looked it up and ran "AEREBUILDDB" since my menus don't look like yours with the pull downs.  Then I ran "Update/Retag again and still nothing.

Message 4 of 8

Can you copy/paste the contents of the command line after the Title Block Update is done?
Also... Any difference if you check the "Activate each drawing to process"?

2017-07-17_20-07-12.png

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 5 of 8
TRLitsey

If you do not see the FILE, EDIT, VIEW ... menu bar across on the boarder of your drawing and you would like to have it displayed, type MENUBAR on the command line and set value = 1

Just want to ask, for the total number of sheets in your package, do you type in the number you want or do you let ACE auto number that value?

Good luck

Screenshot - 7_17_2017 , 11_11_42 AM.png

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
Message 6 of 8

That worked!  Using "Title Block Update" instead of "Update/Retag" and checking the "Activate each drawing to process."  Thank you

!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hello, 

Greetings...!!!

Could you tell me how to set a title block template for update automatic sheet no?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: Anonymous

You can find a tutorial for that here: http://ecadconsultant.com/tips.html#Template

Trond Hasse Lie
EPLAN Expert and ex-AutoCAD Electrical user.
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta