AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 COUNT IN MULTIPLE CATALOG

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
AcadE2014
588 Views, 7 Replies

0 COUNT IN MULTIPLE CATALOG

Hello All,

I have a situation that I need to have the part numbers on a symbol show up on the BOM with a qty of 0.

Our purchasing department orderes off the ACADE BOM. In our case there are 2 BOM's. 1 electrical and 1 mechanical.

In this case, mechanical is ordering these parts but I want to keep the information in ACADE and show up on the BOM.

I enter the part# in the multiple catalog, no problem there, but it will not hold the 0 in the count. it will hold any other number.

I can use the 0 count in the main part number and that works fine. For example, when Mechanical orders a prox switch and electrical needs to order the cordset that goes with it (added to the multiple catalog) and this works fine.

I tried adding a CNT01 as an attribute to the symbol with no luck.

anyone have any ideas how to acomplish this?

Thanks

Dennis

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rhesusminus
in reply to: AcadE2014

I'm actually working on the same thing for a customer. For some reason, a count of 0 is not understood, but a count of -1 is ok 🙂

So, I'm about to write a User Post for the report generator, that searches for a negative count, and set it to 0.

It's not ready yet though... Maybe someone has a better solution?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 8
zalant
in reply to: rhesusminus

Indeed, as a blank count = a 1, there really was no design for the Count field of multiple catalogs to ever recognize a 0. The fact that there's a catalog ID assigned to one of the multiple catalog slot numbers is taken to mean that there needs to be at least one of those items tallied. At this point, the only likely solution which will meet this need is a custom one, such as Trond is working on.

Zac Travis
Message 4 of 8
AcadE2014

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this issue?

Thanks

Dennis

Message 5 of 8
yan_ken

Hi Trond,

Do you mind sharing your lsp code about using "-1" to make a '0' in the sub part level on the BOM report.

Thank you,

Ken

Message 6 of 8
AcadE2014
in reply to: yan_ken

What I ended up doing is putting a count of 0 in the text field.

here's how I do it:

I have a main part number 12345

In the catalog lookup in the text field I put in CAT01=98765;MFG01=AB;WDBLKMAN01=(catalog table name);CNT01=0.

Your symbol must have the attributes CAT01, MFG01, WDBLKMAN in them as attributes. I put in this in every symbol up to CAT06.

Then when I run the BOM it comes in with the main part number and the multiple part number comes in with a QTY 0

The BOM come out looking something like this:

part #            mfg            qty           description

12345           AB               1            PROX SWITCH

98765           AB               0            CORDSET

Hope this helps

Dennis

Message 7 of 8
yan_ken

Thank you!

Message 8 of 8
yan_ken

We actually modified the lsp of the user post files so that when we enter '999' = 0. See attached.

Hope this works for you guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost