Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile view or section view: symbols to drag and change dimensions.

Profile view or section view: symbols to drag and change dimensions.

74.jpg

If we have a section view and it has the "offset" in manual (not automatic), if I select the section view object then I would like to see arrows in the left and right side to re-size the section view from the drawing.

The same for the top and bottom if I have "elevation" in manual in the section view.

The same for profile view objects.

Then I can get this arrow and drag it.

While we are dragging this arrow, we were able to type a value by prompt (in the command line).

So, these arrows only appears if the section view is in manual setting (for elevation or offset).

10 Comments
BlackBox_
Advisor
1+ I'd love to see this functionality made available; even if only as part of SincPac. 😉 Haha
joantopo
Mentor

Another possibility, would be that the arrows always appear (enabled and disabled) according to if the section view is manual or automatic.

If the arrow is disabled, then we were able to do button right of the mouse on the arrow and choose "manual".

troma
Mentor

Nice idea!

I'd also add, that when I select one or more section view (with manual setting for elevation or offset) I'd like to be able to change  the elevation & offset in the properties palette. Currently it looks like you can change them , but if you try they revert back to the old setting. This would be a great way to globally change a whole pile of section views at once.

Just an FYI for Autodesk, it took about 16 hours to add grips to the profile view in the SincPac to provide this same functionality as requested by this user. I did then spend like 24 hours trying to get station/elevation boxes to show up in dynamic input, but ended up finding out that the API wasn't available to do so in .NET. So if you don't grant this wish at least provide the .NET dynamic box features so others can provide the functionality. 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2015/06/dynamic-dimension-using-gripoverrule.html

wysspartner
Explorer

Hello

I would like to modify my Profile view Length and Z-Range with grips. In General, I'm found off Grips. I would like grips everywhere 🙂

joantopo
Mentor
Jeff_M
Consultant

So, something like this, @wysspartner? Which is included in the Sincpac as mentioned in the link @joantopo provided.

nizao_silva
Participant

That would be very interesting, gripes to control the elevation and station range (and a gripe to reset to automatic mode) of a profile view and section view.

also It would be interesting if stretch command worked.

joantopo
Mentor

Even if the elevation or offset was in automatic mode, then the arrow would be disabled but doing right button of the mouse on it, then in the context menu select "change to manual" to enable the arrows.

sriggs
Community Visitor

It would be nice to have the ability to lengthen or shorten and raise or lower the profile view with arrow grips instead of having to go into the properties to do it. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to override pipe styles without going into the profile view properties to do it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report