Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simplify the output of transverse cross sections and longitudinal profiles

Simplify the output of transverse cross sections and longitudinal profiles

hello everyone

Given that we use the information generated in civil 3d in other software such as surfer and hecras.......

And given that the software has limited access to information.

Is there a solution to reduce the number of consecutive vertexes by applying a gradient between them and deleting vertexes.

Of course, I do not want to use a simple surface method , Because I do not want to reduce the precision of work to continue at civil 3d.

For more explanation:

I have generated a cross section of terrain in CIVIL 3D as a particular object. When this object is opened in Autocad, original coordinates are lost (which is expected, but not desirable).

I was wondering is there any way to reduce the number of vertices (inside CIVIL 3D itself) by comparing two slopes between every 3 consecutive vertices? (Applying surface simplification is out of question as it will not eliminate many vertices of cross section line in section view).

A similar process is readily in place for weeding labels. Is there any way to apply this kind of weeding throughout the cross section line?

It would be highly appreciated if you answered my question, because it will shrink the volume of the report file dramatically.

I will be very grateful for your advice.

Reza Monemi

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/simplify-the-output-of-transverse-cross-sectio...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report