Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

editing overlapping alignments

editing overlapping alignments

Bringing up 'edit alignment geometry' should disable picking alignments other than the one picked for editing after selecting an editing option from the toolbar.

It is countless clicking on the screen currently when trying to connect alignment elements, as wrong alignment gets selected, if some element overlaps with undelaying other alignment.

You have an otpion to hide temporarily the other alignment of course, but this could be avoided I believe.

I'm still on Civil 2017, maybe this is fixed in 2018 already?

2 Comments
AdammReilly
Collaborator

I love the ability to quickly switch between alignments just by selecting them when that toolbar is open, so I would prefer a button added to the alignment editor toolbar that lets you lock the current alignment selection.

The same could be said for profiles, too.

robert06
Collaborator

The workflow should be selecting the alignment to edit first like it is now otherwise it's a mess. If you start with a command not setting an alignment active first, you can pick only the elements in front defined by acad draw order if alignments overlap.

In other words when the alignment edititing toolbar is open, by clicking an alignemnt it becomes active in the toolbar. After hitting a command botton (then you're in middle of a command), picking all other objects except the active alignment should be filtered out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Answer Day

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report