Did you mean: 

Bug trial version AutoCad 2018

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
y.kluchnik
435 Views, 7 Replies

Bug trial version AutoCad 2018

Hi,

When I tried to copy circle with filling I only get the circle. I have to fill each circle separately.
I have tried many times.
Not really comfortable considering the amount of work.
A screenshot was attached. (AutoCad 2018)

All the best,
Yana

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ChrisRS
in reply to: y.kluchnik

@y.kluchnik, it looks like you are new to AutoCAD (trial ve5rsion) and to the Forums (first post.)  Welcome!

This forum is for Ideas about improvements to AutoCAD Civil 3D, not general AutoCAD problems.
You might get a better response in the AutoCAD Forum.
(Click forms above, click on AutoCAD in the program list, then click on AutoCAD Forum in the Browse list.)

Because you seem new to AutoCAD and to the Forums, I will try to address your problem:

Since you did not attach your drawing I am making my best guess.

The "Fill" is probably a hatch using the solid pattern. The circle and hatch are two separate objects.

This is how AutoCAD work, and is by design. You have not found a bug.

By default a hatch made from a circle is associative:

• If you select and move the circle the hatch moves as well.
  • If you resize the circle the hatch resizes.
  • If you select and move the hatch the associativity is broken and the circle and hatch act independently.

Because the Circle and hatch are two separate objects: 

• Selecting and copying the circle results in a new circle.
  • Selecting and copying the hatch results in a new non-associative hatch.
  • Selecting and copying both the circle and hatch results in a new circle and associative hatch.
    You can select both by:
    • Clicking on the circle, then clicking on the hatch, or vice versa.
    • Selecting with a window.
    • Selecting with a crossing window.

You circle and hatch are a great candidate to be made into a block. Block are powerful AutoCAD objects that are good when you need to repeat the same thing multiple times in a drawing or constantly in multiple drawings. A lesson in AutoCAD block is beyond what I can do in this reply.

These forums are a great resource. Autodesk employees occasionally respond, but for the most part you will be dealing with time limited volunteer users.  Some hints on using the Forums:

• You will get the best results if your are in the correct Forum. (Not always easy to figure out.)
  • A clear Subject will increase the likelihood of your post being read and responded to.
    "Fills won't copy in AutoCAD 2018" would be appropriate. (Just my opinion)
  • "bug" may seem like a red flag to you, but it is old hat to experienced users. AutoCAD is full of bugs that linger around for years
    "BUG FIXED!!!!" would get the attention of Forum users.
  • If a reply to your post is helpful, reward the poster with a "Kudo." (Available in the "Forums," but not in "Ideas.")
  • If a reply to your post provides the solution, use the "Accept as Solution" option in the reply. Accepting a solution, highlights the solution and flags the posting as "solved" which is useful to other forum users. (Also available in the "Forums," but not in "ideas.")
    "Solution" is subjective. "NO, AutoCAD cannot do what you are asking for." might actually be a solution.

*****  End of Lesson  *****

@y.kluchnik, good luck on your AutoCAD journey. Hopefully you will soon achieve the "Love/Hate" relationship many users have with AutoCAD.

(Currently, my "Hate/Love" relationship with AutoCAD Civil 3D is overshadowed by my "Hate/Anger/Quit Desperation/Grudging Acquiesce" with Civil 3d Grading Objects among other Civil 3D peculiarities.)

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
dgorsman

One more point - please use image formats for attaching screenshots.  Docx files can contain macros, so the more security conscious will not open them.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 8
y.kluchnik

Thank you for your reply. I have been using AutoCad for a long time but another version. And it has never happened to me. For sure I know how to use it)
I was looking for where I can leave this message that it would be more suitable. Couldn't find just AutoCad section.  

Message 5 of 8
ChrisRS

Sorry, @y.kluchni. I hope I didn't offend. 

By the way, I do not have this problem with Civil 3d 2018, but I am not sure that I understand what the exact problem is.

Have a nice weekend.

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @y.kluchnik,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am curious to see a sample drawing form you that shows this issue.  If the hatch, for instance, is on a locked layer I can understand why it did not get copied with the circle.

Please attach a file so I can investigate this issue for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 8

@y.kluchnik wrote:

Hi,

When I tried to copy circle with filling I only get the circle. I have to fill each circle separately.
I have tried many times.
Not really comfortable considering the amount of work.
A screenshot was attached. (AutoCad 2018)

All the best,
Yana

Яна! Так как Вы используете русскую локализацию AutoCAD, то рекомендую задать этот вопрос здесь: AutoCAD - Русский - Autodesk Community

Желателен образец чертежа и видео операции копирования (видео рекомендую делать при помощи Autodesk Screencast)

Что такое заполнитель окружности? Штриховка типа SOLID? Штриховка ассоциативная? В этом случае она копируется вместе с окружностью. Если нет, то и копироваться она не должна если не выбрана вместе с окружностью.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 8 of 8
imadHabash

HI,

>> When I tried to copy circle with filling I only get the circle. <<

But as i see from the rubber-band line (orange dashed line ) in your attached image that your selected circle is already filled !!! would you please attache your CAD dwg (or a part of ) here for testing ?

uyyy.png

Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost