Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical Text Style

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nkg2
2177 Views, 4 Replies

Vertical Text Style

Question:  I know if I use some of the basic fonts that I am able to click on the properties of that text style to use vertical typing instead of horizontal but for the other fonts this is not an option.  How can I get my words to go type vertical using those fonts, specifically Times New Roman.  Think of a marker stick for a pipeline valve or pipeline location.  Thx!

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: nkg2

Type ST and hit enter. This brings up the Text Style Dialog.

Copy on of the styles and rename. Then check the vertical box as seen in the attachment

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
nkg2
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks John

I see what you are talking about but take one of those and replace the font with true type font not an .shx font.  The vertical check box goes away. 

Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: nkg2

Yeah. Sorry I didn't pick up the TTF part. We rarely use them. Unfortunatley this is one of the limitations of true type fonts in the acad world.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
nkg2
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks for helping and reviewing this. I will add it to the "Wish List"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report