Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section view Data bands

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sacprasanna
1646 Views, 6 Replies

Section view Data bands

Need  to add elevations and offset of red circled points to section data bands.

Untitled.png

Any idea welcomed, Thanks 

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

it depends what the "red circled points" are exactly (what object type, what elevation, ...) but if that are objects like block-insertions or points at the correct elevation you can use one of those two commands:

_AeccProjectObjectsToSect

_AeccProjectObjectsToMultiSect

And create the projection style as well as the label style for that.

2014-12-08 02-43-43.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Hi Alfred,

Extremely sorry for dealy repaly , being some crazy days and Thanks for your reply.Smiley Happy

My "red circled points" are GRADE BREAKS points on section and they are not represent any thing and I draw those points only to show requried points.(Those days I don't know the name of points and now I know the name . GRADE BREAKS points).

I want to add those grade breaks points elevation and offset to data bands and show grids of grade breaks points on section view.

Now I how to show grade breaks points on data bands. (Using edit data band style dialog bow).Like this 

Untitled.png

But still I don't know  how to show vertical grids of grade breaks points on section view.

In edit section view dialog bow display tab i cant see any component related to grade braks vertical grid

Again Thanks for  your reply.Hope you can help me Smiley Happy

Chamara Prasanna
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 SP 1
Sri Lanka
Message 4 of 7
Carolinadrew
in reply to: sacprasanna

Could someone tell me how to edit the section data band style? as at the moment only shows distance, and I need to show terrain elevations and Proposed elevation. I attach two pictures, first is how my civild show the data band, and second picture is what I would like to show.

Really apreciate if someone could advise.

Kind regards

Carolina Drew

Message 5 of 7

That looks like you are going to need 4 section view bands to create. The frist one would probably be for the TERRAIN group. This will contain no data, but will provide the text and the border for the two other profile view bands. 

The next next band will be the Distances band which will use the offset values. The Cotes band will show the elevation data. 

Create the band set containing the Terrain Band with 0 offset, a Distances Band with zero offset. Then add the Project band with enough of an offset to line up with the bottom of the Terrain band. The Distances band and cotes band will be added last with the appropriate offsets from the profile view.

Put all together and it should like what you want.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 6 of 7
balazs_istvan
in reply to: sacprasanna

Hi!

First create an empty data band, with the name of band only. Add this to the section vew without any offset. This will contain your labels later. Now comes the second step. Select your section view and edit the code set style of your corridor. In Code Set Style, you should find your corridor point listed under points (if not, import code by selecting it from the assembly). At the label style field, select "New Style" and create a text label. The anchor point of this text label should be the bottom of your section view. Now The text value could be code point elevation. Alighn your text to middle bottom, set rotation to 90. Finallly, the offset value for Y should be the Data band height/2. Now the label for the given corridor point will display at the middle of data band.

To prevent covering corridor points too close to each other, it is recommended to create another label style, but this time align the text to middle top, so it will appear at the opposite side. Alternatively make your label style such way, that if you move it, its appearance will stay the same (selectable at the second tab).

This works with C3d2018.

Message 7 of 7

Hola estimado, consulta estoy en la misma situacion que ud. estuvo hace tiempo, pudo solucionar dicho inconveniente? me podria ayudar con el tema si fuese posible? desde ya muchas gracias.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report